Profile picture for malkurdy

Keller Williams keeps on listing my house for sale without me asking them! can they do that?

I was surprised to see that over that last 2 years, my house has been listed for sale 3 times by Keller Williams Metro Realty and then the listing is removed! all without my knowledge or consent. They are listing it below market value for what ever reason. should I be concerned? Why would someone list my house for sale? Any suggestions?
  • November 12 2011 - Elkridge
  • 0

I think you should be concerned that you house sounds like it is being listed as a lost leader advertising. I would contact the broker of your local KW office in writing and send a bcc back to yourself complaining with the link to your Zillow home page. Do NOT call the broker. Keep all conversations with the brokerage in writing just in case you have any other issues or you need to file a complaint. 

If you don't like the answer they give you, it they are rude or dismissive in any way, I would file a formal complaint with the Board. 

A legal document called a Listing Agreement is signed and kept on file for all listings to be legitimate.  I would suggest contacting your local Board of Realtors to file a formal complaint against this company. 

My understanding is that a broker/REA cannot list your house without your consent. So, legally, there seems to be an issue.

Also, in today's society, the last thing I would want is someone singling out my house to other's attention. To me, that is a reckless act on the part of the offending brokerage/REA.