LOOK OUT...THIS COULD BE A SCAM??

I went to this link below which, at the time I was looking it was a rental, and started an email conversation with the person who is posted on there. My concerns is she states she is "out on a job transfer and has no one to represent her. she is unable to meet in person and hopes we can work with her like that." The point is the property is renting (so she says) for $1000...if you look at the house you'll understand why I think it's just "too good to be true." Also, she wants this to be done "without meeting" because she says she is unable to. She sent us a rental agreement application and is willing to rent it to us "immediately" while we should "send her the money!" LOOK OUT...I THINK THIS IS A SCAM!!
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9855-SW-142nd-Dr-Miami-FL-33176/44290377_zpid/ 
  • August 10 2012 - Miami
  • 1

Yep. That looks and sounds like a scam to me I would avoid 9855 SW 142nd Drive Miami FL as a rental. No owner with a brain would ever rent to a tenant sight unseen or credit unrun so if you meet a landlord like that, chances are they are a scammer.

The scam is off Zillow now, but is still running on Hotpads with the email alejandrarestrepo697@yahoo.com . I would think twice before giving them ANY money or personal information.

I agree...MLS shows it rented in Sept 2010 for $3500/month.

Rental scams are going on in the Indianapolis area, too.  Be careful!

Profile picture for TamiVroma
You should always look at the tax records to see who is owner if you have a question.  Usually the tax records will indicate the owners address if they are not currently living in the address.  Send a good old snail mail to confirm!