Profile picture for pub123

LOOKERS

We have OH on the weekends and we get between2 to 5 different people and or couples. What does that mean? People are just looking?Interested?Possibly buuying?

February 27 2008 - US

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

You get all 3 at an OH # lookers, 2 possibly interested and maybe 1 possible buyer.

The lookers are all your neighbors and other who are considering selling their own homes. The interested saw your signs, saw your ad in the paper and decided to check it out. They are possible buyers at some point but dot neseearily buyers of your home. The last group are the only ones worth wasting yoyr breath on. You can usually get a clue as to who they are. They linger in rooms talking to each other. They come with mother or mother in law. They never come alone. They ask you questions, they go back into a room they walk around the outside of the house they ask you to open the garage. they ask you how much it costs to heat the house and so on.

The first 2 groups rarely do any of those things.

February 27 2008

Here is the thing. We are buyers, I think, but we end up going to open houses and it may be overpriced, it may be that it won't suit our needs or it may be something we know we won't want but are looking just becasue it is in our range and we feel a bit more informed about what is out there.

I bet we would fall in all 3 of those catagories sometimes.

February 27 2008
Profile picture for rockinblu

I think Fydell has done a few open houses. He descibes one we held as an owner's open house exacatidly. What do mean spellcheck? It is a word, and it is spelled exacatidly like that. :)

February 27 2008

I've wasted more Sunday afternoons than I care to think about. Running around in the pooring rain putting out the tent signs and trying to tie the stupid balloons to them in gale force winds. The first realtor I worked for insisted in running them for 4 hours 1 - 5 whereas everyone else just does 3 hrs

ps my spell check does  not work either.

February 27 2008
Profile picture for pub123

We have a realtor but we are limited in the area we live in to advertize so my hubby stands on a busy corner of the main rd with a OH sign and fliers and he calls me if someone is headed my way. We have them fri and sat 11-4and we bring in 2-5 couples/people and he handed out about 25 fliers(he only hands out if person requests one)FYI when our realtor has OHs they dont get 1 showing(because they dont advertize like we do )People think were crazy but will they think were crazy when we sell???

February 27 2008

Pub you should have written in your contract with your realtor that you get a reduced commission if your efforts bring a buyer - seriously.

February 28 2008

MLS My Home has poor service
Profile picture for zuser20140520104303205
Latest reply by zuser20140520104303205
SHOULD A SELLER PAY THE BUYERS CLOSING COSTS? What you need to know...
Profile picture for PeteSchneider
Latest reply by PeteSchneider
How to get rid of cooking smell while selling your home
Profile picture for Mickey Glassman
Latest reply by Mickey Glassman
1 day ago | 7 answers
I quitclaimed my house to my ex wife when we got divorced, but my name is still on the loan.
Latest reply by sunnyview
1 day ago | 12 answers
What is the average time Short sales are taking to actually close?
Profile picture for Robert Adams
Latest reply by Robert Adams