Profile picture for tkearney

Labor day open house

I am thinking about having an open house this weekend, but don't know if it is a point. Is there normally traffic on open houses on labor day weekends?
  • August 26 2007 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
I would think not. I had NOT A SOUL today. Not a beach day either.

I hate hate hate when no one shows, I am sorry, it has happened to us too. Are OH worth it? I am not sure I will keep doing them, what does everyone think?

I'm self-employed and work a LOT so any weekend/holiday would be a day I'd be looking for an open house.

shannon, I suggested a poll asking if people bought their house through an open house. If Zillow posts it, I'll be able to answer that question better, but IMO, they aren't worth it.

Profile picture for Brenda Sprankel
Preparing for a Successful Open House

Make sure the date and time of the open house don’t conflict with a major holiday or sporting event.

Make sure the date and time of the open house don’t conflict with other events being held in the neighborhood on that day.

Profile picture for robin398
You never know. Being a holiday when everyone is off you could have nobody or you could have a lot of traffic. In today's market you should not miss the chance to attract as many potential buyers as possible. I would do the open house on the Sunday before Labor Day. Good Luck!

I agree Robin, I think you should do as many open houses as possible! I think the Sunday before labor day is good as well, people are headed out to picnics, etc, and may just stop at an open house. Just make sure you have plenty of signs, and I would add balloons, to attract people!

Profile picture for bizthree
Sometimes there is no justification as to why one day is better than another.

we have sold two home on mothers day- one year it rained on that day and the other time it was beautiful and sunny. one was listed with FSBO ( rainy day) and the other was listed with a realtor (sunny day and she told us NOT to hold an open house that day that no one would come- we had two offers from the open house)

I have had three open houses with this home and slow market. The first i had 35 groups through a beautiful day but a hot day.

the second- wet rainy cold, muddy - 6 groups through

the third, beautiful day, cool wonderful weather - three groups through.

One offer from the first open house although it may not work out so we are pluggin' away!

So again, it is really hard to tell. But I would say that any day you can hold an open house do so. If it is slow use the time to catch up on a good book or try and fix your computer like I did yesterday!

Bake some cookies, make some lemonade and relax!