Profile picture for nawvidahmed

Lakeside Flower Mound - American Legend homes

Thoughts on this new community? Would this be a good time to buy in this neighorhood? Compare this community to Highland Homes new community in Las Colinas, which would be better for long term value?

February 04 - Dallas

None of us can accurately predict future values.   I'm not really a fan of either of these locations.  In Las Colinas area it is more or less surrounded by warehouses and office buildings.  Probably not many homes will be built around there.   It will be interesting to see how these sell.   Bonus is Coppell schools, but none of the schools are close.  I don't foresee any school being built in the area.  Traffic will not be fun if you take your kids to school and they'll never be able to walk or bike to school from there.   Plenty of people have bought homes where I would never buy though.   Personally I'd never want to live right there on 635 between Frys and WalMart, but those homes sold very very fast.

In Flower Mound it almost surprises me they will allow homes there.  Again nearly directly if not directly under the flight path.  Take a book and go sit one sunny afternoon and listen to all the aircraft noise.  To me it is the sound of money, but for some I know it is the sound of frustration and lost sleep..  Schools are a little closer with easier access, but not sure I would ever want my kids crossing 2499 or close to it, especially near there where the traffic is probably 50mph.  

I'm thinking build quality or finish outs will likely be similar.

I think the better values would be getting a resale in the city of Coppell or La Villita....but that's me.

Either way take a realtor with you when you buy.  NEVER ever go at it alone with a builder.

February 12
Lakeside is going to be a much larger community than The Bridges At LC so you are looking at a lifestyle.  Yes, I think getting in on the ground floor is a great idea.  Prices will increase.  Same thing happened with Richwoods in Frisco and today the base price has gone up over 80K since they opened up less than 2 years ago.

I think that it's going to be more of a location choice that you have to make as well as the school district.  The Highland community is zoned to Coppell which is still one of the much sought after school districts.  Resale will be a so much easier.  Location to downtown Dallas, all the major companies HQ that are in LC. 

American Legend is a great builder but I prefer Highland much better.  Just a preference, I like how airy their floorplans are.

If you are not working with a Realtor, I would love to help you.  Feel free to drop me a note through my profile.  Zillow's rules prohibit me from posting my contact information here.

Naima

February 04
While they are both great communities in my opinion Las Colinas will appreciate more over time. You will still have to compare the school and access to family amenities. I will be more than happy to assist you in getting qualified and paired with a great buyers agent to help you negotiate the contract and put each seller against each other giving you more buying power. 

February 04