Profile picture for Kendaca

Landlords Redemption period was up in May.

My landlord was foreclosed on and his redemption period was 6 mo from the date of auction, auction took place on 11/18/11.  He told me he was contacted by his title company for title, and the bank is listed on county records as the taxpayers.  I have continued to pay the rent every month and never been late.  We recently agreed after June I would no longer pay him rent, we also agreed he could keep the $300 security deposit and I would pay $300 for June rent.  I shouldn't even have had to pay June because redemption was up 5/18/12.  Anyway now he says he needs another $300 for the rest of June rent and he'll give it right back in July.  I really don't think I should because he obviously didn't put that security deposit into escrow like he should have.  He also wants to drop off a internet copied 30 day notice, really I don't see the reason for it, he doesn't own the home anymore.  Advise please !!!
  • June 21 2012 - Muskegon Township
  • 0

Have you been contacted by the party who purchased the property at auction?   What would I do?  I'd pull up your state's landlord/tenant guide and call the hotline number.    In addition, I'd be looking for another place to call home asap!