Profile picture for MrsTurner

Last sold price is WRONG on our home! Its hurting us! How long until Zillow changes this?!

This is the second post today of mine. I am very upset! Our home is listed on Zillow through our listing agent or MLS. I am not sure how all that works, thats what my listing agent is for right? I can not get a hold of her today and its making matters worse that Zillow has had our homes previous sold price for what the people before us bought it for in 2006. It should have our buying price from 2008! It makes a heck of a diffrence that we have done updates to this place and the assessed value is above our now listing price. Oh and the market anaylsis is $24,000 above the 2006  last sold price. Zillow you are hurting our chances at selling our home right now and its not looking good. Please correct this fast. This isnt helping that potintal buyers see the Sale price and then see the ( INCORRECT) last sold price. No wonder we have been lowballed. Look, my husband is a newly disabled combat vet and we are struggling. We will no longer be able to afford this home soon. We need it sold.   Does anyone else have this issue with Zillow's last sold price?
  • May 22 2012 - Junction City
  • 0

Profile picture for anegale
It's now April 2015 and nothing has changed on this topic. Zillow still lists old sale prices.
  • April 11

For a year I have been trying to get my last sold price corrected.  Zillow has the price exactly half of what I bought it for 10 years ago.  Perspective buyers that use Zillow would believe I am price gouging when really I will be taking a loss.  Have checked with the county to make sure my information is correct with them, but Zillow still has not changed it. Not sure what to do now, may have to look into other options.

Profile picture for MrsTurner
Thank you all!
 Rilin, it freaking blows to have outdated and inncorrect information on OUR homes. I hear they don't have many employees and have been told they can not answer/fix every "problem"..Well, I am not the sharpest cryon in the box, but I do know if your going to run a website/business you need to be legally responcible for content. My public (correct)info is on the records down at our countys office. I have gave them the number, too. Irresponcible .
Wetdog, I have done that before even coming on the advice site. They do not do squat. Even had my realator email them. They don't care.
Mike, thats what my new realator assured me about. It helps. No, it bothers me that if some potintal buyer sees the 30k less (on the last sold price) and just "look away"..Yes,.I am dramatic/paranoid because its been a rough 2 years for us (husbands health) and this does not help one bit. We need to move home to be closer to family. My husband is getting medical retired from the Army and we will not be able to afford to stay here long.

Ryanm, I feel ya and so agree! Why are they legally allowed to not update their information?! I do not see how the MLS allows them to sphion data, Its incorrect and zillow expects us, homeowners/realator to catch their mistakes.. I have told them to remove my listing a million times. They are useless, and borderline criminals. I am still pissed as to how the MLS has anything to do with Zillow . I have advertized with REmilitary.com and the MLS is not connected to them yet they have a pretty dang good site...It does not make any sence.

Profile picture for ryanm1970
I have flagged incorrect things for years with zillow, they never do anything. They have my house as being sold once for $10k and once for $26k ( when my house appraises at $460k. This obviously affects their bs zestimate of our current value, but they don't care. If zillow is so off target and refuses to take accurate data, they have no business being in business themselves.

Profile picture for kumardoraiswami
In the home description field where Zillow allows free text, put a note that says that the information is incorrect, Zillow has been contacted, and pl. contact a real estate agent for accurate information. 

Profile picture for Mike Nielsen
Understand your concerns..but remember zillow is only 1 tool (and Zillows own disclaimers talk about their own lack of accuracy rates). If you are getting low offers it is Not because of what is in Zillow. Every agent has access to the MLS and the accurate pricing, sales history of your home. The 4 things that determine whether or when a home sells are the market, the neighborhood, the condition and he price. Of those, you only have direct control of the condition and price. Hope things get better and your home sells quickly.

Profile picture for MrsTurner
Thanks all. I have emailed Zillow a few times and done the flag for incorrect content twice. Its a big deal and I am not backing down.

If a "sold price" is incorrect on Zillow, open the home details page, scroll to the price history table and click on the little flag on the right end of the row showing the incorrect number.   (this will link the concern and specific numbers to a specific home).  Zillow will have to confirm the sold price number with your county recorder office before updating it.  It usually is a few business days, may be a couple of weeks.

Profile picture for rilin
Same problem here. Been trying for months to get it fixed with no reply from Zillow.