Profile picture for wrj9000

Latest data update totally corrupted house data such as square footage and bathrooms.

Have other property owners recently experienced data corruption of property features?

Sometime in the last couple of weeks Zillow replaced my home's accurate property features with totally corrupted data. Their latest data update erased half of my home's square footage and Zillow now claims that I have 0.01 bathrooms (1/100th of a bathroom) instead of the accurate two bathrooms that was on their site a couple of weeks ago. How can their software's data validation be so incompetent that it fails to recognize a problem with claiming that a house only has 1/100th of a bathroom?
  • December 05 2011 - Richmond Grove
  • 0

Very strange. I flagged your post for Zillow to investigate.  (They'll need an address.)    Does this 1% bathroom show also when you click on "more facts" on the home detail page or are the public facts still correct?   I see that you've not claimed your home.  Is it possible someone claimed your home and mucked up some numbers? 

A few years ago I did see on Zillow a 900 square foot house with 99 bathrooms ... perhaps they borrowed yours.   In reality I suspect it was someone trying to game the Zestimate system.  

Profile picture for Neil R
  • Neil RZillow
Hi wrj9000 -

This usually happens when we receive new information from public records that overrides the old data we have about your home. Since our information comes from different sources and in some cases, we get to receive less accurate files which are supposed to be updates. We are aware of the issue and we're working on it.

Neil

Profile picture for wrj9000
Thanks for the comments. No one else had claimed my home. I claimed it shortly after posting the message and I have corrected the errors that Zillow permits me to correct, but there are still anomalies for which the cause is not clear and for which Zillow presents no obvious way to correct. As an example, when I click on "More Facts" the pop-up window includes a column called "Combined Facts". However, the "Combined Facts" column includes many entries that are not in either the Zillow data that I can edit or in the "Public Facts" column. So where is that wrong information coming from and what has been combined? The "Combined Facts" column includes inaccurate basement information, inaccurate garage information, inaccurate per floor sqft, and inaccurate addition information, yet none of that inacurate information exists in the "Public Facts" column or in the editable Zillow data. So where is this corrupted and inaccurate "combined" data coming from?

Has not happened to me.