Lead Generating Systems?

Hello All,

As a new agent, I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with lead generating programs, or pay per click (PPC) programs? I've been reading some opinions on other real estate sites that give mixed results - some good and some bad. OK, maybe more bad experiences than good. 

Of course sphere of influence, prospecting, answering floor calls while in the office, etc. is important, but as a new agent in a tough market, I'm considering all options and would like to get your feedback on any programs you've tired. Which worked and didn't work for you, was the return on the investment worth it, etc.? Thank you.

June 06 2008 - US

Craig

One of my personal friends who is a broker in Orange County uses yahoo and google.  Pay per click.  His only problem is he got too many leads and had to reduce his budget.  He is doing better than most.

Best of Luck

Craig, all of those work to varying degrees. The first question you need to answer is; what do you have to invest in your business? What works best for your budget is were you should start.

I like the Google adwords also. But I get most of my traffic on a pay per click threw my web site hosting people z57.com They have a deal with homegain. But you had better have the content on your site or it won't do you much good. At a minimum have an IDX search.

My worst investment by far was housevalues.com / justlisted.com I spent big money with them, participated in a good but of there training and over 12 months got zero business.

[content removed by moderator for being self promotional]

Profile picture for PropertyHookup

the google pay per click is something I am looking into myself, if anyone would feel free to chime in, what are you paying per click, what key words are you using and how many clicks per day do you get and is it worth it??  thanks for sharing!!!!

colleen

stay away from third party lead generation like House Values or Just Listed. They are stealing leads you can get on your own. Google PPC works well but you need to have your website set up properly to capture the lead and you need a good follow up system once you get it.

I would definitely not recommend House Values.  I do not think they provide quality leads.

I blog on Active Rain (membership is free) as well as postings to Active Rain's localism and have had great results from the contacts I make from Active Rain. 

Premier Agent Websites: Have a Question?
Profile picture for Jay Thompson
Latest reply by Jay Thompson
Simple ideas every realtor and other professionals on zillow should follow to get a great reputation
Profile picture for Mack McCoy
Latest reply by Mack McCoy
March 09 | 68 answers
Sending listing reports to sellers
Profile picture for SteadyState
Latest reply by SteadyState
February 15 | 24 answers
Fellow Realtors/ Attorneys *Please be Aware of this Email Fraud Scam from China*
Profile picture for Sally Grenier
Latest reply by Sally Grenier
1 day ago | 106 answers
  • Posted by Ken Mischitelli
  • In Agents
Flat Fee VS Full Service ?
Profile picture for victoriajane7
Latest reply by victoriajane7
April 10 | 3 answers
  • Posted by Eileen Dell-Hak
  • In Landlords