Lenders

Not sure if I got some bad advice but I had a lender to advise me to file my tax returns for 2012. However I knew I would owe and filed an extension. The deal fell through with the lender. Now I'm trying to get financing elsewhere and now I'm told I didn't have to file. The only reason I filed was to show no unreimbursed business expenses because apparently I had to many from the prior year. Now I'm stuck because now it's showing as a debt. 
  • September 23 2013 - Capitol Heights
  • 0

I can't pay them in full by tomorrow but they will be paid. I just needed a few months to pay them off. But that's not what I was trying to relay but thanks for the answer.

You can shop around for lenders, but I think that if you can't afford to pay your taxes . . . 

I understand that but I filed the extension to give me more time to come up with a payment arrangement. One lender told me to file the extension until after closing, another told me to file. The current lender told me I could have waited to file as long as I showed that I filed the extension until after closing, now I have to pay my debt in full before I can move forward. I have already set up my payment arrangements but now I have to hold off on buying the house.

Filing an extension doesn't relieve you of the obligation to pay your taxes on time.