Profile picture for Sellhome14

Less than 6% agent

Less than 6% agent needed. 
  • October 22 2013 - Lower Providence Township
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
If you called 5 I bet 3 would be less than 6%.

Commissions are negotiable and in some instances in the lower priced properties in the Adult Communities we take the listings at a flat fee which work out best for both seller and cooperating Realtors. You certainly get what you pay for and I try to remind my seller's that we want to be fair also to the other Realtors. If I take a listing on the higher end, and I sell myself, I will put it in writing on the listing agreement that I will give a certain amount back to the seller. This does not have to be done but I feel to be fair to the seller. As I am getting the entire commission minus what is paid to my Broker this works out well.

Rate of compensation is negotiable.  Depends on the property.  I've had some higher than 6.  Extensive marketing and lots of detail to get them closed.

Talk to several agents and see what they say.

6% is not a fixed fee.  I've worked in markets where agents charge 8%-10% depending on the property type.  As the ol' saying goes "you get what you pay for" so be mindful of what you will get in return when you are paying less.  Some markets simply can't afford to keep discount brokerages open because of the low volume of sales. 

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
"We never discuss this in a phone call though, only in person."
Why? Is there a reason?

Only one reason, they would not be invited over if they told them on the phone.

Why? Is there a reason?

We usually list at 6 but sometimes we make exceptions.  We never discuss this in a phone call though, only in person.  So don't be surprised if agents won't give you their rate on the phone.  Ask about their experience and references, interview three, and bring it up at the appointments.  

Lots of agents do this I would speak with them directly