Profile picture for infoladyone

Lincoln, NE: does mocha/latte interior paint with white trim, sell better than white w/wood trim?

• September 28 2013 - Lincoln
  • 0

Well then all's settled...lol. I like the lavender in the girls room great
alternative to the to common pink thing.
Good luck you crazy kids !
-Joseph-

Profile picture for infoladyone
Thanks so much everyone for your replies.  I've decided to leave the wood unpainted, spruced up by fresh coat of oil/stain (looks awesome!), and painting the walls a neutral color.  One bedroom will still be latte (boy's room), and one bedroom lavender (girl's room), but the rest of the house will be neutral. 
Thanks again!

Profile picture for LemkeSoldMyHome
Mocha and Latte are 2 completely different colors.  Mocha is very dark and bold, latte is a light brown very neutral color in my opinion. Again, I'm a huge fan of latte with an off white trim.  In our local marketplace I personally don't think your going to have better luck with painted vs stained trim.  Unless your new construction and people have a choice, I've never had a client walk from a home because of one or the other.  Put a color on the wall not white, it makes the house feel more like home.   White is such a stale color, I don't see it very often anymore.

Profile picture for Lori Walls
Although I love the idea! My professional opinion would be for you to stay neutral. Buyers tend to complain about a color and may decide to cross you off their list because they have to paint the walls.

If I read the question correctly, the choice is either 1) mocha/latte w/ white trim or 2) white w/ wood trim.

I see a lot of responses that address mocha/latte -- and they're right, light and neutral tends to appeal to a greater number of potential buyers.

But, if the question is as I have re-written it above, I tend to believe that more buyers would want to see unpainted wood.  (This, of course, depends on the quality and condition of the wood.)  Many buyers prefer wood, and those who do not can always paint it. 

Profile picture for cheungtina
Mocha/latte although beautiful in my viewpoint as well does not necessarily appeal to the masses.  go with neutral; off white to sand with WHITE trim.

The Mocha (if I'm picturing this correctly ) is to dark for a 4wall color...
As far as a white trim color...well that's a play it safe color, the off white
goes well with a few colors and mellows the feeling of being in the room
maybe to much.

So I'm voting the Latte with the white as far as looks goes, the selling
part...well I have always looked a colors as an easy fix and don't pay
much attention to them as opposed to things like layout, ceiling height,
and more harder fix things.

But I know some do ... good luck with your choice whatever it is and I
hope you sell your home.
-Joseph-

Profile picture for LemkeSoldMyHome
Mocha is a good color but is dark.  I prefer Latte with an off white trim.  Gives a very warm feeling, makes you feel at home and that's a good feeling for buyers to get!

Profile picture for danasdad08820
I would probably go with an off white simply because it would be easier to change if the next owners don't like it.
If you are going to stay then go with mocha or whatever you like.