Profile picture for laurencerausa

Listed 3/2 on the MLS but 2/2 on Zillow. WHY ?

Hello, I may buy a house "sold as is" for rental (in Palm Harbor Florida) , but I have a little question. This house is listed by The MLS as a 3/2 but appears on Zillow or Trulia as a 2/2. Why?

I visited the house, in fact, there is a master bedroom  with a closet, and they made 2 small rooms without closets. If I buy this house, I will build closets in those rooms.Then,  for this house to be officialy a 3/2, do I need to do an inspection, pay a permit that the former owner did not pay? 
Thank you for your help.
Laurence

• August 13 2011 - Palm Harbor
  • 0

Rooms that do not have closets are generally not considered bedrooms. If you were to add closets into them, then you would be able to call them as such.
 As far as the permit, you should consult a certified contractor or call the city department for information - I find the general rule about permits is, if you have to ask if you need one.... you do.