Profile picture for jd0557533

Listing agent isn't submitting my offer to Fannie mae

My realtor put an offer on homepath and to the listing agent. The listing agent called and said that the property is no longer FHA approved, because the property's FHA certificate expired. Well I spoke with my lender and she is capable of renewing the certificate for $800. My realtor then contacted the listing agent to inform her that we could get the property FHA approved. The listing agent is refusing to send over my offer to Fannie Mae. One offer was made a week ago (before we knew the property wasn't FHA approved) and I called homepath and they never received the offer! My realtor then submitted a new offer with the added information about me (the buyer) paying for the FHA certificate. Neither of my offers have been submitted to Fannie Mae by the listing agent, but have been submitted online. I don't understand why Fannie Mae can't see my offers. I've already called homepath customer service and left a message for the 2nd level. My realtor has tried reaching the listing agent, but the listing agent keeps saying "she's on vacation" but I know she isn't. I don't want Fannie Mae to accept another offer because the listing agent isn't submitting my offer.

February 23 - Rancho Cucamonga

Buyer's agent should submit an offer to homepath system, not a listing agent. Your agent should register with homepath in order to submit an offer. Once registration is done (few minutes)your agent is able to submit an offer and see the status of the offer. I cannot understand why your agent cannot see the offer. Once submitted to the system, he/she should be able to see the status of the offer. I am not sure if you agent is familiar with the homepath system and knows where to find more details about your offer. I have currently one offer in the system, and I can assure you that I can see the information that the offer is accepted. In the past, I could see (and additionally an email is sent) if my offer was rejected, counteroffered etc.

February 24
Profile picture for gator70
Yes this is common

February 24
This is a great reason to work with your agent.  Your agent can contact the other agent and if they are not getting the issue resolved your agent has ways to escalate the complaint.  Sit down and let your agent know how important this home is to you and although not all deals can be saved if it is important to you your agent will know to work particularly hard to press the issue.

Good luck on your purchase!

February 24
Sorry to hear of your dilemma with Fannie Mae, without knowing all the specifics its hard to say "why" this could occur... Fannie Mae sometimes gives a 15 or 30 day first look incentive to NON-investors as well as many other dictations to the "list" agent such as continuing to market/show property even when its "under agreement", requiring a Min offer amount, very strict guidelines with respect to ALL the proper contracts and proper forms to be filled out completely and correctly before submission to them, etc.

I'm not sure im allowed to post a link to certain doc's but here is one that shows they even go to lengths that directly conflict at times with our own code of ethics and rules  (if not im sure a mod will simply remove it for me)
http://www.californiashortsalelawyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Fannie-p10.png

Your agent has every right to contact the manager/broker of the list agent to inquire and enlist help as to whats going on.

February 23

This is a tough one! I'm not shure on why this situation is going the way it is, your agent has to communicate with the listing agent on this issue. If that's not possible your agent can contact the listing agents broker to express concerns regarding the offer status. I have seen properties change guidelines due to major repairs needed that were discovered. I'm not shure if this applies to your situation.

February 23