Profile picture for joelcd

Listings might be free, but what does it cost to sell my home on Zillow?

• November 29 2009 - Town of Nantucket
  • 0

Hi Joel,

Deborah's advice is certainly valuable, a Competitive Market Analysis done by a real estate agent will give you an accurate value of your property.

I think your question was more geared towards what the actual costs would be to sell your home on Zillow.  Just to be clear, you can only advertise your property for sale on Zillow, they will not take care of any of the paperwork or negotiating.

For example, if someone comes across your listing on Zillow and contacts you with the intention to buy, then that's it.  Zillow won't take a commission or any other fees for this service.

If you're considering a For Sale by Owner (FSBO) I would learn as much about the process as possible as it can be quite challenging.  Feel free to reach out to me with any more questions.

Devlin

You may want to call a real estate agent and get an accurate CMA on your property BEFORE you list it to sell.  Many people are using Zillow and other web sites to do estimates on their property.   Although Zillow is a great web site, the numbers are not accurate and are not a true indication of what your Market Value is.  I suggest you call 3 agents to get a Current Market Analysis on your property, before you sell!  You don't want to list too high, or too low and loose money. Since I am a Re/Max agent, make sure one of them is from Re/Max!  Tell them I sent you! Good luck to you.