Profile picture for HudsonProperty

Location, Location, Location !! - Jersey City

I am hoping to get some expert advice from the knowledgeable crowd here. Everyone says the 3 most important things about buying a home is Location, Location & Location. How would you rate the following Jerseu City Condo buildings based on this measure: 

Shore Club,
Trump,
A Condo
Mandalay,
Portofino,
James Monroe,
Washington Commons,
Gulls Cove,
Fultons Landing,
Waldo Lofts,
77 Hudson,

Thank you all for your expert advice. This is a generic question that does not need buyer's preference and should help all home buyers in this area.

Thanks again !

• October 05 2013 - Jersey City
  • 0

It's a tough question to answer without specific preferences attached...Here it is, they are all in Downtown, they are all for the most part along the water, they are all full service and they are all within walking distance to the light rail or path....Is there one location that is considered better then the rest, I would say no. Now, have I had clients that specifically wanted to be closer to Newport or Closer to Paulus Hook, Grove etc sure, but again that was just a matter of personal preference. Also someone that likes boats will want to be near fultons and someone that wants a pool will go to the trump, if that stuff doesn't matter and you just want a gym and a doorman go for gulls or wash comm etc etc...But they really are all part of the same Downtown....So what makes one better then the rest- Newness, Views, The services they provide compared to the fees for those services, price per sq ft, parking, outdoor space and again personal preference for what fatures are most important. Sorry if the answer is vague, but it's the best I know how to answer it. Feel free to call me if you would like to discuss more. Anthony

Profile picture for HudsonProperty
I was hoping that answering this question would not require buyers preference. All I am trying to get a sense of is, which of these properties are located in areas which are considered good from the real estate point of view (proximity to transport, convenience store, resale value, water front, ...etc). 

I understand that, for example, a waterfront facing unit in one building would be better than a non-water facing unit in another but I am mostly interested in the location aspect of that building. Hope the question is not too vague.

Frank, to answer you anyway, I am in the market for 2 BR with a max budget of 800-900k.

What is your budget, bedrooms and baths? Regards,