Profile picture for GSDDino

Look for a lender in Akron Ohio

I am looking for a lender that is familiar with grants and programs to help with down payments/closing costs, I only have $2000 to put down...  I have a credit score around 645, while my credit is improving, I have some tarnished marks from a few years ago.  Looking for a lender who can help.

January 31 - Rittman

We can help. Depending on what type of program you are looking for 645 is plenty good of a credit score.

February 05
[Hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our  Good Neighbor Policy for information.]

February 05
Hi, I know it's been a few days since your post but I'd be happy to help.

First there are programs out there to help for down payment: Your credit score (if it is a mid 640+) qualifies for OHFA funds. If you're a first time home buyer or if you're trying to purchase a property in their target area, they'd be willing to "grant" you 2.5% of the purchase price to assist with your down payment and/or closing costs. 

Second, there is a program for 100% financing for those whose income qualifies and if you were to try to purchase in Rittman or Doylestown (there are many areas eligible around Akron proper) which are eligible. Not to mention if you happen to be a Veteran, you'd be eligible for any property up to 100% financing as well..?

Third, if you were to make an offer on a property (when you have limited cash) carefully place your offer to include a request for seller assistance *to cover your closing costs* (up to the amount allowed by the loan program and/or loan to value; 6% is typical depending on the sales price).

To summarize, you could find a property in an eligible area and get 100% financing for the purchase price and have the seller pay your closing costs. If they aren't able or refuse, then we get the 2.5% funds reserved from the Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA). Depending on the purchase price you may pay nothing more than appraisal and costs for inspections. 

If I can answer any add'l questions, I'd be happy to help. Best wishes otherwise, Kimberly Lawson, Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator - Ohio only. Contact and licensing information can be found on my profile.

February 04
You have a great credit score and some money to put down which is great.  The City of Akron NSP program is out there.  First you would need to get pre-approved as these programs would like to see you approved.  If you would like more information please contact me through my profile.

January 31