Profile picture for bluj

Looking for Loan Above $417,000 in Qualifying NJ Area (5% down)

Looking to buy a home in Kinnelon, NJ -- This area has a higher conforming limit due to cost of housing/living ($625,500 vs. the usual $417,000).

After selling our home, we won't have much money to put down, and I'm hoping there are lenders who would finance a 30-year fixed-rate conventional loan in the $500,000 range (give or take) with only 5% down.  I'm not interested in FHA loans and we don't qualify for VA or USDA loans.

We have no debts and outstanding credit (last FICO score I saw was 820).  Most of the info I've seen looks like 10% would be the minimum on such a loan, but I'm hoping with our strong credit, lack of debt, and long history of mortgage payments we might find a lender willing to make 5% work.

Any recommendations/leads would be appreciated.

February 28 - Kinnelon

This is a very easy scenario for most in mortgage lending to do so make sure you take your time shopping!

Being a Direct Lender I have many options for you in your situation and if you reach out to me by my profile I would love to put together and send you all of your options (programs, rates and closing costs).

March 06
Hello, we would be able to offer a 5% down option for you without any mortgage insurance.  Please reach out to me through my profile so that I can learn more about your scenario and your ability to qualify.  Thanks!

March 01
Yes we do offer a 5% down on the loan that you are describing and you are showing compensating factors that will allow you to qualify for this loan. You can reach me via my profile.

February 28
Look me up through my profile. I can help, I am a local NJ lender. Thx Dave

February 28