Profile picture for AnnieM.

Looking for a SFR, diverse mix of people demographically. 200-300k in Oakland. Suggestions?

Me. single female professional. Want low crime.

April 19 2010 - Oakland

Hi AnnieM,

Yes, I have my favorites in Oakland. I lived in Oakland for 7 years, having 2 children and loved it! Currently there is a home in the Diamond District and another in Maxwell Park. In my opinion, the key is to get to know the areas that you like, then focus on the area, have your financial qualifications in order (Realtor's can assist with this) and then when you see a home at the right price in the right neighborhood you are informed and prepared. Tracking foreclosures is also a strategy, which I employ, however you need to be prepared to do some additional work to the property as often they come with deferred maintenance. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. Sincerely, Ann www.annsullivanrealestate.

I have a house coming on the market in this price range December 12th. If you take a look at my website www.rockridgedigs.com on December 10th you'll see photo's of the home. Stop by and we can chat about all the east bay has to offer.

Meanwhile, if you would like me to send you a FREE map of the Oakland area, just shoot me an email at elisa@rockridgedigs.com and I'll send one out to you. A lot of buyer find it useful to cross referenec when they are looking online at properties.

Hi AnnieM:

Oakland is a very diversed city with many "pockets" ranging from very good to very bad. I would suggest you sit down with an "oakland" realtor who can advice you of the area's first.
Then you would talk about the purchasing process and how to prepare for that in this market, adn what type of financing is availbel for you.
Only after that would we start looking for properties in your price range and advice you of each individual properties pro's and con's.
Looking forward to hgearing from you when ready to talk.
Antoine

Do you only want to live in Oakland? Or have you also considered adjoining cities like San Leandro and San Lorenzo?

Familiarize yourself with Oakland Crime Spotting if you only want Oakland.
http://bit.ly/ctwfwl

Determine where you'd like to live...then we can see if there's anything that will meet your requirements in your price range and where you want to focus your search.

Or...engage a realtor to help you if you don't already have one. Your realtor will sit down with you to determine your needs, give you some ideas on where to look, pull up information on properties that interest you, and strategize with you on writing an offer.

Let me know if you need help.

Take care.