Looking for a broker

I found out a couple of days ago that my broker is ceasing operations next week. I haven't looked for a broker in quite some time, and the fees out there are really taking me aback.

I've done my fair share of transactions, and I generate my own leads. My production last year wasn't that hot, but I'm pacing about 55k on my current 70/30 split with no desk fees. Training isn't important, but it would be nice to have a broker who I could bounce the dillemas on now and again. I have my own technology.

Any suggestions?
  • March 16 2011 - Dallas
  • 0

You really need to consider what you are looking for in a broker, small or big, ask around some of your friends/colleagues what they like about their broker, what they don't like and ask about the manager. Is it important that the broker or record/manager does not compete against you, another question to ask.After finding out this sort of information you will probably narrow down to a few brokers who interest you, then contact them and interview them yourself. See how they respond to your questions and whether their answers match what you personally are looking for in a broker. Today, their is plenty of choice out there, with many smaller virtual operations available.

Tommy, Let's grab lunch next week. I am a Broker with EXIT Realty our team is growing and expanding here in the Metroplex as always interviewing agents. We offer a unique compesation plan where agents commission can exceed 100%. We offer leads, online interactive training, and best of all a HUGE network of top producers in North America (3000+ offices and 30,000+ agents) always ready to grow EXIT Realty.

Profile picture for Greg Fowler
I'm licensed as a broker and have run my own firm. Just over a year ago, I made the decision to join Keller Williams. Turned out to be a great move. Splits cap at a very reasonable level. With your producton you would reach the cap and then earn 100% fees through the end of the year. I didn't put much weight on traininh either, but I sure do value it now! Finally, this model is very entrepreneurial. You run your business the way you like. I'm happy to discuss at length with you. I looked at several shops before I made my decision. I'll share what I learned. Greg [Contact information deleted by Zillow Moderator]