Profile picture for bruehlt

Looking for a decent HARP 2.0 rate for my investment property - Central Florida

I have a property located in zip code 32738 - 3/2, built in 2005, upside-down on the value.  Primary mortgage value around $113k, secondary mortgage value around $18k.  Both through GMAC.  The loan is backed by Freddie Mac.  Zillow shows about property value to be around $85k.

I recently converted the property to a rental (investment property), as such I know the refinance rate will be higher due to increased risk premiums.  I've read up extensively about HARP 2.0, so I understand the requirements, etc.  The house qualifies for HARP based on the requirements.

Can anyone help with a FAIR rate?  I contacted GMAC, and the best they could do was 4.75% (the current rate is 6.25%).  I have excellent credit, never missed a payment, etc, etc.
  • July 06 2012 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Mike_Davidson
Travis,

We are a direct lender for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac offering HARP refi's with no max LTV's on fixed rate products. 

Is the property a condo?  There are adjustments associated with investment condos, however 4.75% still seems a bit high.

Do you know if you received an Accept from the automated findings? 

Freddie tends to be a little more restrictive with debt ratios on investment/ condos but I've found that they are less restrictive with shorter term loans.

Feel free to contact me through my profile if you would like to discuss your options further.

I can only do PNC HARPs but my guess is that you won't find it a whole lot better outside of what GMAC is offering you.   That said, you can likely find it at least a little better if you shop around.  I'm happy to make a referral to a great lender than can probably handle it for you with a better offer.  Click on my name to contact me. 

And at least you know you have something worth doing through your lender if no one else can help.

Profile picture for bruehlt
Seems a lot of brokers / banks that I am talking to state they only handle Fannie Mae backed loans....?  This is very frustrating....