Looking for a great agent to refer in Portland

Hello to all. I have had a friend recently contact me about moving to Portland (or Tigard) depending on the commute and schools. She is just starting her research and I would like to find her a great agent. I had several profiles of area agents that I had met on Zillow bookmarked in the past, but sadly they were eaten by my computer when it was repaired.

I would love to have local agents chime in and say hello so that I can send my friend a short list of names for them to interview. I know that there are lot of great agents in the Northwest so if you know someone personally in that area, I hope you'll post it. As you know personal, recommendations are the best.

Thanks a lot and I promise a grateful thumb to all who reply.
  • January 06 2011 - Portland
  • 0

I agree with Ray....did you find that agent you were looking for?

If you don't mind me asking...how did you make your decision?

Still willing to help....just let me know.

[Contact information deleted by Zillow Moderator]

Profile picture for Realtor Ray

Hey Sunnview,

If you wouldn't mind can you update this after you refer your friend and give us the update how the process went?

With many agents & so much social media outlets I am curious how you went about picking the agent and how they did.  

Thanks in advance, Ray

Sunnyview, Would love to recommend Miss Carla Muss-Jacobs....I have known her through our respective blogs for some time and the woman rocks!  Really trying to get my Oregon license so I can work with her!  Best of luck to your friend!

{tossing hat into ring}

That's nice of you to do some preliminary review for your friend. 

[content removed by moderator due to self-promotion]

Mike Rohrig with Sunset Group works all over the West Side and is one I'd use in a heartbeat.  For the East Side and for foreclosures, contact Adam Rust with The Meadows Group.  He even shows homes via bicycle, if you're into that. A third is Beck Wagar, with Remax Equity Group in Hillsboro. She works from the western 'burbs to the river.

What these people have in common is authenticity.  Not a shred of shameless self-promotion.  You'll never have the sense that all you're getting is "commission breath," but instead that they're honestly trying hard to find the right home for you in the location you want and at the price you want to pay.

Some advice to the agents who commented here -- go and get reviews from past clients! When I click through to your profile pages, that's what I (and other people) are looking for!

Thanks everyone for the feedback and info. I too have a friend looking for a Portland agent, so I'll pass this along.

Thank you so much for the replies. I really appreciate them and I know that they will really help my friend find a great agent!

Sunnyview,

I'm so grateful that your using this platform to find a great Agent for your friend.  Zillow is such an amazing tool, that as Agents we use to grow our business and help others.

I would be inspired to help your friend relocate to Portland and or Tigard.
Our City is amazing, and I would love the opportunity to help.

Thanks,  Kimberly Kinville
East Metro Specialist

Sunnyview,
Portland is a great place to live. I would love to show your friends around, grab a coffee and see if we'd be a good fit.
Thanks for the opportunity,
Elena
[contact info removed by moderator due to self-promotion]

Well, look no further!  :-).  There are many good and professional choices here in the Portland marketplace (both in agents AND neighborhoods AND homes for sale)!!!  I would love to provide a buyer's book and information plus a great property search site either to you or directly to your friend.  We could discuss the step-by-step process of a new home purchase and get the ball rolling.  You're a good friend to step in and do some of the "leg work".  All the very best in 2011!!! 

Profile picture for rushsteve
You are going to get a lot of responses.  I would love to have the opportunity.  Thank you, [link removed by moderator]

Sunnyview...I know we have comunicated in the past.  I am a top producing agent and have been for over 19 years.  I would be happy to submit my resume for you friend and even happier if I could have a cup of coffee and meet face to face.  If I can help in anyway, please feel free to contact me.

Profile picture for Hatch Homes Group
Hi there Sunnyview,
We would love to help your friend. We have been helping people get top value from their Real Estate transactions for over 17 years. We have a relocation kit and lots of tools to make the search as efficient and enjoyable as possible.
Very best regards, John
[link removed by moderator]