Profile picture for Michelle721

Looking for a lender who works with under 640 credit score

Hello, We are looking for a LOCAL lender in St. Paul or suburb area that is able to work with a credit score under 640. My husband's score is well over 640, but mine is low 600s, due to bankruptcy over two years ago. I understand that it is more about the big picture. We have low debt/income ratio, annual income of about 83k, and a 15k downpayment. I am working hard at getting my score up, but I am afraid we will miss out on the low market, as I see how much housing prices have gone up in the last 6-12 months! If you have a referral, please let me know! Thank you!
  • November 16 2013 - Saint Paul
  • 0

My compnay can go down to 580 for a VA or 620 for an FHA.  Please call me directly with any questions that you have.  We also provide complimentary credit repair if your credit does not currently qualify.

Profile picture for JustinLeffew
Plenty of Lenders out there who go down below 640. Only issue you'll face is the BK. If your husband did not also file the BK, he can go on the loan by himself as MN is not a community property state.

Mike Ouverson - I would provide a link, but zillow usually blocks it

I also have a lender that can do 580 if you have not already contacted Lenny, or would simply like to have a 2nd opinion. Zillow does indeed not allow us to post our lenders contact info on here, so you will have to contact me through my profile page.

I am guessing if you are looking for a lender you are also looking for a Realtor too. Take a look at my profile and testimonials, and if you are interested in talking further I would certainly love the opportunity to work with. Especially if you are looking in St. Paul and the surrounding suburbs. You mentioned the home prices, and it is true that they have gone up quite a bit over the past year. Having a Realtor that understands the market you are trying to buy in will be very important in that aspect. 

Either way good luck on the house hunt!

~Chris

I have a lender that can work all the way down to 580 and still can get you great rates, with the BK 2 years old and the solid income you state it should be no problem to get you approved. Send me a message and I can forward you his number, they don't allow it to be posted on this page.

I have had this issue with my clients in the CT area. Your best bet is to see if your husband can qualify on his own. Try the FHA type loans that are offered by the govt. Search the internet for lenders that specialize in this. You will get a better interest rate too! Best of Luck.