Profile picture for emerson431

Looking for a realtor

I will be retiring from the military within the next two years and my husband and I are interested in moving to Houstin Texas.  We would like to make a trip up to Houstin and scope at the areas and look at houses.  We are interested in a Ranch style , 3+ bedroom, 2+bathroom, (Masterbed with sitting room and large master bath), 1/2 to 1 acre land. 

or we would like to buy 1 to 1.5 acre of land and have a house built. 
  • June 18 2014 - Houston
  • 0

Save your precious time and don't look at homes.  Take your time to visit with your friends, look for the different communities where you can buy land, look at schools, look at traffic and scope out the highways.  Eat a nice meal or two, research the arts, and parks.  Have a hobby then look for organizations and businesses that support it.

Basically enjoy your visit and get comfortable with the surroundings. 

Thanks for your service and I hope you have a safe and productive 2 more years !!

Bruce

To my fellow Veteran:  Make sure you ask for cash back at closing from the Realtor.  Texas is one of the 38 USA States that allows buyers to get cash back at closing, but 80% of home buyers do not know this and let thousands slip right through their hands...

Example:  When I purchased my first home my Realtor made 9K which was his side of the commissions for showing me about four homes.  You can bet if I would have known I could have received cash back I would have asked.  Do you think your Realtor will tell you this?  

On the Zillow menu go to and click on "Agents" and check out the agents that serve the Houston, Texas area.  Speak to a few to get a feel of which one seems to know the local market, their experience and a biggy is to read their past client reviews.  

[self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Click on "agents" in the top line of Zillow's webpage and search for agents serving the area of interest.   Interview a number on the phone before choosing one.  (Be ware of agents offering referrals, the referral is not free!)

May your move go well.