Looking for a rental for our family!

Hi, we are a family of 4 (6 if you include our 4 legged family members). My husband and I have 2 young children, 4 and 6. We currently live in a 2000 square foot home, but don't necessarily need anything that big. We don't use a good portion of the home because of how it is laid out. 
We have lived in our current home for 3 ½ years and would be looking for at least a 2 year lease. Our current situation is that in June we discovered that our landlord claimed bankruptcy and the home will be going up for auction on Jan 9, 2013. We would like to move by Feb 1, 2013.
We are currently in the Alvernon/Valencia area and would like to stay in that area since our oldest son has just started school and I would hate to change schools mid-year. Southwest area is also fine. 
We are looking for a 3-4+ bedroom home, with a good sized back yard. I would gladly sacrifice some home space for yard space. We would need about 1400+ square feet or more. We are looking to spend $1000 per month MAX (there is some flexibility here) . I would like all tile (except in bedrooms) and the ability to paint if we don't like the color schematics. 
We are respectful tenants and have a letter of reference from the current landlord. (PLEASE SEE CONTINUATION - HAD TO POST SEPARATELY DUE TO CHARACTER RESTRICTIONS)

November 27 2012 - Tucson

I would recommend you contact a local Rproperty management company in terms of finding a rental, you can try googling it or I have heard good things about Apartment Locators.  They dont "just" rent apartments but SFR (Single Family Residence) too.   There are a lot of rentals out there because so many investors have been buying Tucson Real Estate and now renting them out.

Best of luck.

Spirit

Adding her continuation....

We have 2 dogs, a shihtzu (Sukie) and an American Pit Bull (Kai). Kai has been to Canine Good Citizen coursed and passed this course with flying colors and has a certification from the American Kennel Club. She is well mannered and have had her since she was 3 months and have had not one issue. Sukie is housebroken, and is 11 ½ years old, and have had her since she was 6 weeks old. We take time with our animals and help them lead a balanced and socialized life. I think this shows in their demeanor and behavior. 
My husband and I both work and have secure positions with the companies that we are with. I am a Human Resource Professional for a Non-Profit here in Tucson, and he is a Maintenance Technician for an HVAC company. He has been in his position for 2 months, and he voluntarily left his previous position. He has been in the same field for over 6 years. 
I have been employed with my employer for 7 months and also voluntarily left my employer (held a Human Resource position for 5 years) for a better opportunity with my current employer. I have been in the same field for over 10 years. 
If you have a home, that you feel would suit our family, please send an email and I will get back to you ASAP.
Thanks for reading this! Have a great day!