Profile picture for flhema

Looking for an agent

Looking for an agent who will to take a commission lower than 6% 
  • August 10 2013 - Palm Harbor
  • 0

you could be hurting yourself by discounting agents...[contact info deleted by Zillow moderator]    if the home is over 300k then 5% is ok... if the home is under 200...agents will not be enthused and some may try to sell another home and may not email their buyers your home, hopes 200 to 300 depends....the agent who sells it get 3% and has to split that with their Broker...1.5 then fees, then taxes..ouch...  but I can help you make the right decision...
got more info...would love to help...Laura

As an agent, I believe that 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing. I think most realtors I know feel that way and we will work just as hard if not harder in your interest for 5% as they would for 6%.

Profile picture for Joanne Knauf
When you find an agent that will cut their commission, be sure to ask them what services they will be offering. It is often human nature to do less when being paid less. Good agents are good at what they do and the money you are attempting to save could easily be lost by hiring an agent based strictly on their fee. Generally speaking, good agents are better at correctly pricing a home and better at negotiating on your behalf. In the end, you usually get what you pay for.

Profile picture for flhema
Don't reply to this. It needs to be deleted.

Most agents will work a deal with you if you are buying and selling with them. Just a thought.

Best Wishes!

Everyone wants to save all they can especially on such a large investment as a home but using a Brokerage that will cut their commission will cut corners somewhere.  To get the most showings possible it is always best to offer the Buyers agent 3%.

The National Brokerages take 1/3  of the commission, the government takes 1/3 so the agent gets 1/3.  So please don't think that agents get the entire amount.  With these National Brokerages you do get better exposure and marketing nationally.  This is vital since we have an influx of families moving here from all over the US.

Just remember: You get what you pay for. 

Dangling participle aside, it's always true.  Instead, interview some Realtors to find one who really knows what they're doing, has YOUR best interests at heart, and is someone you can work closely with on what is likely an extremely important transition in your life. 

Don't skimp on the important things. 

If you hit me off list and let me know where you're located, I may be able to refer someone to you. No pressure, just trying to help.

Best...
Jen

We would be willing to go lover than 6%. Lets get your details to determine what type of property are you looking for. Thanks in advance for your response.

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, just wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair

Agents who short cut on commission often short cut on effort.

Hi Flhema, I understand that when buying anything, it is natural to want to pay less, which it translates into more for your money! In real estate, depending on your market, less not necessarily be more. 

In my market experience and with lots of homes in the market, competition is severe and paying less than 6 may actually hurt you. In today's hectic market, time is valuable for agents and buyers. The percentage of home that get shown is lower than on those with higher commissions. 

In my market, if a clients NEEDS to sell a home FAST, we pay MORE than 6% to entice more showings that will result in offers that lead to closings! 

Your area and selling situation may be different and I am sure you can find an agent that will work with you. When selling a home, there are so many other factors to look at, when choosing the best agent for your home!

Best of luck in finding an agent and selling your home!

[self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Hi flhema,

the usual way commissions work is 3.2% to listing agent, 2.8% to buyer's agent. I understand what hard times some people are in financially right now and I am not greedy. I will be happy to negotiate down my commission slightly if you just want me to sell your home. If you need to buy a new place to live, I will be happy to discount your listing further. Sometimes I go as low as 1% depending on your circumstances. I always do full service listings. My company requires their agents do not limit their services because it is unprofessional. I am a listing and buying expert with many years of experience and plenty of references. Call me any time.