Profile picture for lewistrio

Looking for closing attorney

I am selling my house using the FSBO method in Las Vegas area. I am looking fir a "flat fee" attorney to handle the closing. Any recommendations?
  • July 03 - Las Vegas
  • 0

Best Answer

In Nevada, we use an Escrow/Title Company traditionally. Closing Attorneys are more common in the mid-west and east coast. There are many wonderful title/escrow companies in town and if you'd like, I can give you the names of several escrow officers that I've worked with in the past that have done great jobs. I sell about 125 homes a year and so my experience with "good" and "bad" escrow officers is somewhat extensive.

Also, with regard to selling as a FSBO, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about the process, local customs/practices, and seller-required disclosures. Feel free to contact me (I'm not allowed to post phone numbers or contact information in this thread, so you'll need to click on my name and call me through the profile I have on Zillow).

Talk to you soon.
  • July 03

Profile picture for lewistrio
Thank you all for your answers to this question
  • September 15

If you want representation, then Google "Las Vegas NV Flat Fee Attorney".

The title company escrow officer is a neutral third party.
  • September 15

Not to beat a dead horse, but in Nevada, even with a FSBO, you can use a Title/Escrow company.  While the documents you may be using will be a little different than the forms associated with the GLVAR, and Nevada in General, a good Title/Escrow Company will have an Escrow Officer that can take good care of you.  
  • July 23

Profile picture for fharmer
Yes, a good escrow officer is key!  
"Whether buying or selling - you gotta have FAITH!"
  • July 17

Profile picture for Ehren Alessi
Geoffrey's reply was spot on! Get some free advice from a local Realtor if your doing a FSBO. 
  • July 07