Looking for ratings on Las Vegas home builders

I have been looking on the internet at some of the new construction homes in the Las Vegas area. I seem to be having a problem finding any reviews of the builders that seem honest and reliable. To read the reviews I've seen it would indicate none of the major builders should be trusted. That's just not possible and leads me to believe the most of the ones writing reviews have an axe to grind. Does anyone have an opinion on what builders have the best reputations, ones to avoid or where to find honest reviews?  I've been looking at builders such as: Del Webb, Toll Brothers, Ryland, KB homes and the like.

April 19 2013 - Las Vegas

Most reviews you'll find are subjective.  Bad reviews from a couple angry people with internet access.  A list of awards from the builder themselves.  It's very difficult to find objective side-by-side evaluations.  The closest you can come is probably Angie's List or talking to a couple Realtors who specialize in new homes.  We tend to learn through multiple transactions which builders are known for which benefits – and faults. 

Construction QUALITY will vary between tracts and builders in LV - its tough to simply say who is good and who is bad.

Find a tract you like and door knock - and ask the owners how they like - or dislike - their builder ... they will not be shy...

Lennar homes puts together a quality product.

Do your research on KB Homes! I currently live in a KB Home and I have nothing but bad things to say about it. Where do I start....my balcony is literally falling down and has been tagged by the county as UNSAFE to use, I have upwards of 100% moisture in my walls and 3 types of molds from the water intrusion, KB ignored my warranty claims, missed apointments, and tried to downplay all the problems as if I was the one being ridculous that my 3 1/2 year old home had such severe problems. Come to find out 22 other neighborhoods are having many of the same issues. In many of these neighborhoods, KB is doing the same band-aid BS warranty work that simply masks the problems for a short period of time only to find out that the problem arises again. Its a vicious cycle and KB seems to have made it their business practice. Don't believe me? Look at all the local news stories, horrifying pictures and videos, and reviews on this website. Terrible what KB has done to their customers!!! http://TheKBHome.com

My favorite is Pulte. I have seen them fix issues on homes after 10 years. I had a client that purchased a home that was 10 years old. One day the kitchen cabinets came loose from their mountings. Pulte came out and fixed the problem. Toll Brothers is a good builder. I have,always liked DR Horton .Floors plans. ThankmYou

Here is a great site provided by Yahoo. Feel free to call me with any quesitons!

Treat any builder like you would a private seller.  Once you have a deal, and you're house is ready, have a home inspection to find all the defects then make them fix the things that are wrong.  All new homes come with a warranty, usually 12 months.