Profile picture for ycart520

Looking for someone familiar with CalSTRS 80/17 loans in San Diego.... any recommendations? And why?

My husband and I will be in the market for a home in the North San Diego County area soon... he's a teacher and quals for the CalSTRS 80/17 loan program. Not sure if this is going to be the best option for us, so we'd like to sit down with someone, crunch some numbers and find out how much home we can afford to get started.

Who do you recommend and why?
  • November 14 2010 - Oceanside
  • 0

The CalSTRS 80/17 program is one of my favorite loan programs since the 2nd mortgage has the same interest rate as the first in addition to the 2nd mortgage payment being deferred for the 1st 5 years. If you can qualify for this program and it works out to be the best program for you, I highly recommend it!

I refer all my school employees to Broadview Mortgage in Orange, Ca. They have tons of information online about the 80/17 program and a full staff of experienced Loan Officers to answer any questions you may have. Contact me directly if you want more info regarding CalSTRS and Broadview Mortgage.

Profile picture for ycart520
Thanks Stephanie!

CalSTRS is a great program. I work with a lender here in town who has over 18 years in the mortgage business and offers the CalSTRS program and would love to sit down and go over numbers with you. His name is Carl Spiteri he is with Benchmark Mortgage. He can be reached at [contact info removed by moderator]. Please let him know Stephanie Reynolds suggested you call.
I have worked in both the mortgage and Real Estate arena since coming to San Diego in 1988 and have known Carl for the majority of my career. Carl is someone I would trust with any financial situation, including my own. I have learned a lot from him over the years and have referred many of my friends and clients to him.