Looking to buy a home in Oakland County Michigan and need to find a lender

We have a large down payment but have a prior bankruptcy from over 2 years ago. We have a steady job and income with a credit score of 640 to 660. We have owned our recent home for the last 20 years. It was included in the bankruptcy but we kept the home and continued to make our payments on time. It was not reaffirmed though and the bank has not been reporting payments since the bankruptcy. Can anyone direct me to a lender in the Oakland County area that can help me obtain a mortgage to purchase another home.
  • August 26 2013 - US
  • 0

You should be all set I have a few lenders I can recommend if you are interested.

Profile picture for PaulMcCausland
I agree with Geofrey & Ken, but there are other things that need to be considered. An underwriter won't just rubber stamp this as approved.
A couple of questions-
Are you selling, or keeping your home?
Have you reestablished other credit?
Other questions, so please contact me to discuss.

Profile picture for GMerino

Being that it has been two years is good.  One thing that will help is for your current company that you pay the mortgage to provide a 12 month history and some lenders will require you to show that you have been making those payments from cancelled checks or your last 12 months bank statements. 

If your income is in tact and you have re-established credit you should not have a problem getting an FHA home loan. 

I know you have a large down payment but you might want to rethink your strategy going FHA.

Bankruptcy was 2 years ago. It passed the 2 year mark on the 23rd of this month. And yes, I have all my mortgage statements of on time payments or if you need to contact them directly you can. However you work that.

As long as it has been two years from the bankruptcy discharge, a 620+ score and can prove the last 12 months of on time payments we should be able to help you.  Contact me through my profile and we can go over the options.

Profile picture for GMerino
When exactly was your BK discharged?