Profile picture for Gsubima

Looking to buy home with 5% down in CA

Hi Everyone! So we are in the process of selling our Condo which we bought back in 2009. At the time it was just my wife and I, but have a little baby girl and looking to expand our family. We purchased our place through FHA, and now need a bigger place so looking for a Single Family home. However we cannot put down 20%. We wanted to figure out if its possible to get a loan with 5% down. Are they avaiable now through the market? My credit score is 740 last time I checked. Any help would be greatly appericated!!

November 19 2012 - US

Good Morning!  There are conventional products out there that only require 5% down. You're best course of action would be to sumbit an application and seek a pre-approval with a detailed estimate in order to ensure that you meet all the requirements.