Looking to connect with people who have paid Zillow for their Marketing, In different zip codes

Good day fellow Zillow professionals,

Today I sat down with another agent In my office and started to look for internet marketing solutions for our business In sales and rentals here In the NYC area, It has been a battle trying to find a good company that will produce what their pitch is. With that being said I am hoping to connect with other users here on zillow before I make my decision on where we need to put our monies, If anyone can give me some Iron clad advice I would greatly appreciate it.
  • May 23 2011 - New York
  • 0

Best Answer

Profile picture for Carole Tyne

Started using them back in Feb.  One closed, one short sale offer waiting for answer back, others looking. 
Started out with Yahoo for two zip codes then was able to get Zillow on one and recently added another.   Most the leads that come in the people actually want to hear from you.  
I have another website lead generate H_ _ _ _ Hunt at first it worked yet currently that one is not.   The lend conversion time is very much longer if at all.  Most on that site only want to see the properties and do NOT want to talk with an agent.  
Also, tried T_ _ lia where most are scam leads.  Currently, trying to get rid of that one.  Called left message per tough to get into talk with them.  Sent them email and it is still not cancelled.  That one is cheaper yet do not think at least at this time worth it. 
I would be interested in hearing about your other experiences with companies.
Wish you much success!

Profile picture for JPyszChicago
I signed up for one zip code a few weeks ago. So far, nothing concrete but I do see it working. I have two good leads I`m working now, a few more that were not really serious..... 

Do you find it's better to purchase 4 units of one zip code or spread it out among multiple zips?

I started using T_ _ _ _ _ at the same time I signed up for Zillow, the only complaint with Zillow is the marketing rep keeps nagging me for reviews, I keep telling him I'm new so I don't have any reviews, signed up to GET prospects so I could get reviews, so he got off of it.  Comparing the two, T _ _ _ _ was a bad experience, they were arrogant and could not get my page setup right, all the leads I got were for sold properties or folks just kicking tires looking for stuff that didn't exist, 250K homes for under $100K, so I restricted my zip codes to those just within reasonable driving distance and I've started getting a few good prospects.  We'll see how it goes long term, I'll keep Zillow as long as I keep getting prospects in my area till I see how it's going to play out over a reasonable length of time as long as the acct rep doesn't continue to nag me.  I'm also trying R _ _ _ _ _ _.com, too early to report but nothing yet so the action better pick up or I'm done with them too.

I was at the rebarcamp seminar last Wednesday.  We had an hour session from agents who use zillow and have had great success and income .  I was blown away with all the agents ideas, income and tricks.  I came home, played with the site and signed up for two zip codes on Friday.  Saturday I received my first lead and will be showing the property next week.  I have not even finished my about me. 

Best marketing dollar I've spent!

The person who posted the question has the option to chose "best answer".

Profile picture for Carole Tyne
Thank you for noting my answer as best answer.   Does zillow note that or who??   I would still be interested in others experiences.

Profile picture for Margaret VonTersch
I've been using zillow for about one year now and just finally am getting a few new prospects.  I've closed one deal and working with a new lead.  the trouble I've had is the people who contact me that want to see a home it's expired or already pending.  The site isn't that up to date, but hey I'm getting someone and hopefully a client.

I'm seeing that the agents who are not paying to be a Premier Agent get as much visibility as I do so I will not be renewing.  Why pay if the ones that aren't get just as much out of it? I'm the stupid one but lesson well learned.

Profile picture for DrewMeyers
Michael-

I just sent you a short email. It's a killer SEO product for your own website. 

If anyone reading handles rentals and uses RentJuice and is looking for a killer marketing investment in the NYC area (or any other area rentjuice covers), then let me know. I've got something brand new to show you.

Profile picture for ABBAUSA
I have invested in two zip codes ...77706 and 77708.

Before Yahoo got into the mix I got leads very regularly, but since, it is much less. I believe if I had signed up for Yahoo when it was available I would still be getting leads. (I did not want to invest the extra money for Yahoo, I don't use Yahoo, but I might have made a mistake).

I have had gotten many good leads, but it is much, much slower now.
I believe in an up economy it is more than worth the investment.

I will give it some more time, but your area and the people in your area will determine the value of it.

James Callas - Realtor®

I bought 2 zip codes back in April. Since then I've received over 90 leads (avg of 1 per day). I've closed 1 deal, have one in escrow, writing on another, have quite a few prospects in the preapproval phase. I'm very pleased.