Profile picture for MonicaNC

Looking to find a mortgage broker that is licensed in North Carolina.

I am a business owner in NY (over 2 years, excellent credit, etc).

I am interested in purchasing a home in the Raleigh, NC area.  I plan to keep my business in NY long term and may consider opening a second location in NC at some point.  I would like to explore what programs are available to me.  I need someone that can be creative and provide guidance on structuring the loan.  Open to your suggestions on how to make this happen.  Thanks!
  • February 03 - Raleigh

Monica,

I'm based out of and live here in the great city of Raleigh and would love to chat with you.  If you have a moment, give me a call.  Thanks!
  • February 07

Feel free to contact me. I can get some more information and then go over what options are available for you in your situation.

• February 06

Hi Monica
We work with several lenders in the area and would be happy to share some options with you.  There are several different options depending on the type of property you are looking for.  If you let me know more specifically what you are looking for I would be happy to help and give you some contact info for a few lenders.
  • February 05

If you don't plan on buying the property as "Owner-Occupied", the lowest down payment you can find out there will be 10% as a 2nd Home. Anyone telling you can get in for less will drag you down the long and winding road. If you were able to move in, then believe it or not, you can get in for as low as 3.5% down. We are licensed in multiple states including NC. Please feel free to contact me by clicking on my profile, and I can show you the road map.

Best of Luck!
  • February 04

There are lots of lenders here in the Raleigh area who are happy to provide a quote.

Your best financing comes when you plan to move into the house after closing as your primary residence.  Buying the home as a "second home" is likely your next best option.

In general, the larger your down payment is, the better terms you will get. At 20% down payment you can avoid mortgage insurance, though this can sometimes be done with only 15% down. 

Let me know how much down payment you would like to use, and what the approximate purchase price is, and I'm happy to provide more information on different options.
  • February 03

Hello Monica,

You should be able to purchase a second home with 10% down through most lenders.  However, I would be happy to discuss your situation and any unique nuances directly with you anytime.  Our bank is based in GA, but we lend in all 50 states.  Feel free to reach out through my profile.  Thanks!
  • February 03

You should feel free to call around and check out different lenders that can help you out. Be prepared during this process to have your tax returns ready. Also, since you are a business owner and self-emlployed be prepared to have your past two years business tax returns for the traditional FHA and conventional loans. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a lender such as myself to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me.

• February 03

If you are financing $417K or less then an Agency loan will have the same pricing, with 10% down, for a Primary Residence or 2nd home. 
  • February 03

You can do a search for a NC mortgage officer by clicking on the "find a pro" tab on the top of the page here...
  • February 03