Looking to relocate to Lake Nona, Florida

My family and I are moving to Lake Nona Florida in the next 3 months. We would like to rent until we find but we are not opposed to buying a house/townhome or build one. What are the new communities at Lake Nona? Are there grocery stores near it? Costco? Sam's Club maybe? How far are the communities from the Medical Center? What is the crime rate? Thanks.
  • February 15 2014 - Lake Nona Central
  • 0

Profile picture for Mark LeMenager

Well I do call myself the Lake Nona agent, so I'm pretty sure I can help. Click on my picture and go to my website and you'll find a useful page of links about the area.  Contact me and I can send you my map of the area which shows communities.

Lake Nona is about 5 miles north to south and 2 miles wide on the north end and will be about 4 miles wide on the south end.  The Medical City is on the south end of the community.  Laureate Park is and will always be the closest neighborhood. 

Thousands of people already live here and more are coming literally every day, so yes, we already have grocery stores and a lot of other services.  I think it very unlikely that there will ever be warehouse clubs in Lake Nona itself, but they are available a reasonable drive today.  (Small world, but I had an appointment in Lake Nona today and swung by BJ's on the way to pick up a few things, so it's all here.)

Love to hear from you. Check out my references here on Zillow and over on Trulia, too.

Profile picture for Malaya Sacopla
Hi user2520537 -

Please make use of Zillow's search filters to look for properties for rent in a specific neighborhood, location or area. Please follow these instructions to set the parameters of your search:

1. Sign into your Zillow account.
2. Search for the address. Once signed in simply type in Lake Nona, Florida in the search field. Also click on the For Rent option, the one with the purple house icon located on top of the search field.
3. Once on the search page, make use of the search filter located at the top of the page to set your parameters like the price, number of beds and baths, Lot size, etc.
4. To know more about a property click on the hyperlink of the address.

For your further reference, here is a link on How to search for home.

Please be also advised, Beware of rental scams. Wire transfers and long-distance inquiries are red flags.

You can also visit our Zillow Help Center for other helpful information.

Malaya S.