Profile picture for jminco

Love your 'hood.

Hi, I don't have an answer to your question. But, I was excited to see somebody in your area that's active on zillow. I'm hoping to relocate to this neighborhood after selling my home in Castle Rock. Would you be willing to answer some questions re: schools, pros/cons, demographics etc...? Please answer on this fourm or you can email me at janeemars@comcast.net. Thanks, J
  • Question refers to 8555 E Mineral Cir, Centennial, CO 80112
  • 0

Profile picture for Hanibal
Hi Jane,

I'll echo the other responses on the schools. Everyone seems very pleased with the elementary through High School experience here in Willow Creek. You get a little less home for the money here but you get a top Blue Ribbon Elementary and one of 5280 Magazine's top rated high schools (public or private).

You also get a neighborhood of educated and thougthful people who also chose the neighborhood for the schools.

By the way, there's another subdivision called Homestead that's almost identical and in the same zip code. It also bears a look.

Hope that helps.

--Scott

Profile picture for skyharr
I know of a few families that have gone to Christian and Catholic schools (and some even that switched to public from private) and Cherry Creek Academy (for the more affluent). This doesn't mean the students are smarter - they just have more money.
There are an awful lot of people who are affluent in Cherry Creeks schools - certain standards are expected. Cherry Creek High school websight is...
http://www.cchs.ccsd.k12.co.us/index.htm
The calendar:
http://www.cchs.ccsd.k12.co.us/calendars/thismonth.html

I will tell you I went to school in Aurora - at Vaughn ELE East JR and Hinkley HIGH - and wished from age 11 on that I could go to Cherry Creek schools! So we bought here - 5 years before we ever had kids! Now if that isn't endorcement of Cherry Creek - nothing will be good enough!

However, they have made some of the Aurora schools - Cherry Creek district.
I will tell you that the Aurora Public schools started on the 8th of August instead of the 14th and the Aurora Public school district notified the students in a backwards call in a recorded message in SPANISH - not English - on the evening of the 7th, according to my nephew (and my mothers neighbor) and over 1/2 the kids didn't show up.
This, for example - would never ever happen in Cherry Creek School District!
Jane it's me Sharon

Profile picture for jminco
Scott, Thanks for answering! We'd like to move now but the house in CR hasn't sold yet. We may take it off for the winter and try again next Sp/Summer. Here's some of my questions. How do you like your neighborhood, is it a friendly community? Do you know about the elem/jr/high schools in the area? Do people like them or do they open enroll elsewhere or in private schools? Is there a realtor that tends to specialize in your neighborhood that you know of? Thanks, Jane

Profile picture for Scottpaddor
Hi Jane,

Sure. What would you like to know? When are you moving?

--Scott

Profile picture for skyharr
Zillow is so off-based that I have been told no realtors go by this from the realtor that used to live across the street.
Their information is never updated so it's as if no one did anything to any home in all of the world.
It is helpful to see what other homes in your area sold for and that is about it.