Profile picture for tonymfernandez07

Low Income, High Credit Score

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a place to live, but have low income ($2500 per month). I know about the LIPA program from the city of Los Angeles, but I can't seem to find any place priced low enough that I can qualify for a mortgage. Are there any other options to help pay for a place, and if not, how can I find cheaper places?

Also, if I do need to rent, then what's the best way to find places?
  • January 23 2014 - Los Angeles
  • 0

If you click on the words "rentals" at the top of the page, you can search for rentals in your area that are within your budget.

Getting ready to buy has a number of steps.   One of those is sufficient income.  While there may be some local programs to help with down payment, you will still need to have sufficient income to qualify for the monthly payment.   Here's a link to Zillow's buyer's roadmap, starting with "can I afford to buy?".  

Prices tend to drop by going a distance out, and in less desirable neighborhoods.  But, for your area your income is very low.