Profile picture for LiveCard1

MLS Listing

I am selling a condo (first time selling FSBO) and need some advice regarding getting an MLS listing.  What sites are best for purchasing an MLS listing?  Also, I've seen some sites that offer listings for only certain periods of time, are there sites that offer listings for an indefinite time frame?

Thanks in advance for the help, Scott.
  • August 16 2011 - Louisville
  • 0

I noticed that your question was written in August. By now your condo is either sold which is great, or or you need my help to sell it. Thanks, Wes Black  Semonin

Though there are risks to selling your home on your own, I encourage those who are willing to try. Check out this website:

http://www.forsalebyowner.com/mls2.html

My experience tells me that most FSBOs that list with a limited service listing tend to stay on the market longer and sell for less.  The first thing someone does when they offer is take the commision off the top and then begin the process of making an offer.  Good luck and if you have any questions [E-mail deleted by Zillow moderator.  Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Good luck on your for sale by owner, is there a reason you are not using a professional to sell your house? I would like to suggest you at least interview some good agents to find out what the difference is.
You can pay hundreds of dollars to a company who will llist your house on the market, you will probably need to provide the lockbox and be available for showings and be willing to work with a buyers agent, if they bring their clients.
Good luck to you

Only realtors can list in the MLS. I'm guessing you're attempting to avoid the extra fee involved when hiring a realtor? You can always ask them to cut their fees by offering to do some of their work for them.