Profile picture for Jody Z

MLS #

I am the owner of a home I just posted on Zillow. When I go to look at the listing in the column all the way to the left at the bottom it has a place for an MLS#, even though I am the owner and not a RE Agent, I do have an MLS #, how do I get it to show there. I have it in the description, but would like it to be up front and center.
  • May 07 2010 - Hummelstown
  • 0

Profile picture for Nuke1
Hi Kristin,

If you listed your home with a ColdwellBanker Agent like myself we automatically showcase your house on 17 different websites including Zillow.
Ask you RE agent about it. 

Best of luck to you for a quick SALE!

Carolina.
[contact info removed by moderator]

Hi Jody,
Yes, that would probably be the best thing for now. Typically we get the MLS #s through a data feed from a brokerage.

I see you already have it there. We'll add to the list of fixes, the ability to manually add an MLS # to a FSBO. Not sure when we'll be able to get to it.

Good luck w/the house sale.
Kristin

Profile picture for Jody Z
Yes it does have an MLS#. I paid a flat fee service to be able to get it in the MLS. My thinking was that if Realtors see it in the MLS, they may feel more comfortable showing the house knowing they ARE going to make a commission, I didn't want to list it as an agent to get the MLS # in there, cause I'm not one. I guess the only thing I can do is put it as the first thing under my description?

Hi Jody,
Does the listing have an MLS number? It's not for a person's MLS number, but the listing. It's currently posted as a for sale by owner property. That field is typically empty on a FSBO home. In fact, we don't have a way to manually add an MLS number to a FSBO listing because it's that uncommon.

Hope that explains it.
Kristin