Profile picture for JayMac26

Manhattan real estate has shot straight up since 2003!

Look at this listing for $850,000.

This is amazing price movement since 2003.   The exact apartment four floors below (apt D207 - same floorplan, same everything) sold for $350,000 in 2003.  A full half million dollars below where the apartment would have sold today! 

The seller of D207 must be absolutely devastated he didn't hold on to it.  Making the story even more tragic, that seller rolled the 2003 profits into a home in New Jersey, which he outrageously overpaid for and has been trying unsuccessfully to sell for the last two years, and now has it listed under his purchase price!   What a waste!

• July 26 2008 - US
  • 0

Jaymac26, you are one disturb individual. I would definitely stay away from you. You constantly attack Alpine and his personal background. Dude, you need some serious help!

Profile picture for JayMac26

What are you talking about?  My post was about the skyrocketing value of Manhattan real estate!  Its a great time to buy or sell a home there!

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Nice try troll, but the Zillow price is outdated and the price of that apt. has since been reduced by $75,000. 

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

[content removed by moderator for being a personal insult]

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Thanks for defending me Bella.  Trolls today just aren't as good as they used to be.  They are a bit subprime. 

Yep that guy Jaymac needs some serious help. He got too much time researching your personal info. I find it little bit creepy.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Actually, he has not researched anything.  Almost everything he posted I have already posted on Zillow a long time ago.  He has written nothing new.  One time he wrote about the profits I made on the house I bought in 2003 and sold in 2005.  Only problem is that I did not own a house from 2003-2005. 

I would never post my personal info here. There are too many creeps trolling the internet. I would tell em little about me but no way in hell I would post any of my properties.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

I don't care if the troll knows my address.  I doubt he would have the guts to visit me.  My main concern is that my phone number remains a secret. 

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

I haven't shared anymore info about myself as Rob and Randy have.  In fact, Rob has shared far more info about himself than I have.  If Rob ever wrote his autobiography, I would not have to read it since I already know the entire story...

I had to chased away one of the car salesman taking  a test drive here in my cul de sac earlier. I had to tell to f off and never come back. This is residential zone not a freaking commercial zone!

I have the gut feeling that JayMac26 is the same as MarkNYC. They have the same writing styles and hatred towards you.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

The trolls are just jealos that I have more money than them. 

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

And the troll's math is dead wrong since even if I sold my apt. for more money, I would not have pocketed that much more since I had to pay a 21% commission.  15% flip tax to the co-op board and 6% to the realtor.  The darn board drained my profits. 

LOL. Better luck next time. I'm thinking about selling my multi family probably next spring so that I can take some time off probably 3 yrs to see my father back in my old country. I'm hoping I will clean up this time.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

No more co-ops for me.  Only condos from now on.  A lot of co-op baords treat their owners like tenants. 

do you have  a day job alpine? You seem to be on here an awful lot

Wow Gateway what a way to say hello.

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

No, I'm unemployed and I live off of my welfare checks. 

Gateway, sold any houses lately? Could it be feast or famine for you?

Profile picture for sunshineday

Profile picture for Mr Caveat

alpine:

i did not have a home from 2003-2005; I'm unemployed and I live off of my welfare checks.

Profile picture for YumYums

Haha good lord what an echo chamber.  Get these guys a Room!

Profile picture for space_acer

New Yorkers and their EGOs ... up up and away...

Profile picture for 2 Big 2 Fail

Bella is my best cyber friend and right hand man.  Should anything happen to me, he is my successor and will take over command of the cheerleader army.  

Profile picture for space_acer

Bella and Alpy on a Sunday cruise...

Profile picture for space_acer

Come to Seattle and I'll show who is gay jackass!

Did you notice most of the guys on HGTV are actually fem gays?

Did you notice how much drama queers they are?

Who knew ???

Profile picture for YumYums

This is similiar to that Adam Sandler Movie. 

I eat pieces of s___ like you for breakfast!

You eat s___ for breakfast?

Profile picture for JayMac26

I see this logic.  You wouldn't have wanted to sell your unit for a half million more because you would have to pay about 20% of that away, and you would only end up about $400,000 better off.  So you are happy that you sold for $350,000 rather than $850,000.  That makes sense.  You sure are a savvy investor!

Lets see the record:

1) Sold out way to low out of Manhattan, right when it was about to take off.

2) Rented from 2003 to 2005, the best years of the boom, when owning anything was getting 20% appreciation per year.

3) Bought at the absolute top in 2005.  AND got completely swindled by the seller, overpaying by about $100,000 over peak bubble prices based on comparables.

I want to follow you around all day long and just do real estate deals with you!

1. 1
  2. 2