Profile picture for psm49

Map Type: Satellite View UNdesired sometimes. How do I keep it in Street View?

The map view automatically changes from street view to satellite view when I zoom in closer than about one mile across on my map. Sometimes this is good, but sometmes it's a major problem. For instance, I am currently looking for a home in a new town, and I'm using Zillow via my cellular hotspot while my wife drives and looking up houses as we go. But the coverage is very weak in most of the neighborhoods we're looking in, just zero to two bars and often not even 3G, much less 4G. So the auto-switch to satellite view consumes what little bandwidth is available, and I can't get house info. Please tell me how to prevent satellite view, or add a feature allowing the user to control that view.

-Pete Marsh, 415-847-9640

• October 01 2012 - New London
  • 0

Profile picture for corbel
This is the worst. Why would zillow even have a satellite view? Their latest version of the site doesn't even have the option to get out of it. The primary benefit seems to be making the road names harder to see