Profile picture for andyroo31

Map location is grossly wrong by over 2 miles, how can I fix this?

Via my claimed listing I've written to Zillow 3 times without any response, so I'm going to try here.  My map location (and that of most of the other units in my building) is wrong - and not just "I'm on the wrong side of street."  The current location lists my building 2.2 miles away (according to Google Maps) in a completely different neighborhood of Washington DC.  As locals know, the same address may be used in 4 different quadrants and in my case the location is listed in NE instead of NW.  I've watched videos which all talk about how to move the location, but those videos show a different UI and as far as I can tell the only way to fix this is to ask for Zillow's help.

Zillow is a great and fascinating product, but being listed over 2 miles away with apparently only one way to correct this is frustrating.  Since Zillow is a valuable resource used by professionals, this seems like something that should be fixed.  I appreciate any insight that can be sent my way.  Thank you.
  • August 15 2010 - Capitol Hill
  • 0

Profile picture for rockinblu
Yeah, I should have checked before I posted, but since I no longer have a claimed home, I didn't want to call my brother-in-law and have him check for me. However, I did anyway and he stated that option didn't show under "Edit" for him either.

I'm glad you were already a firefox user.

I guess it's a Zillow problem as it was working very recently. Must have malfunctioned.

BTW, I've flagged your post for attention.

Profile picture for andyroo31
Thanks for the tip rockinblu.  I'm a proud Firefox user already, but I did try signing into Zillow via Chrome and Safari as well but no luck.

Profile picture for rockinblu
Hi Andy,

It seems that not all of Zillow's functions are available with all browsers. If you're not using firefox, which seems to be the one preferred by most Zillow veterans, you might want to give it a try. See the link below.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

For Mac:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/installing%20Firefox%20on%20Mac

Profile picture for andyroo31

Thanks for the reply wetdawgs.  Unfortunately even though I've claimed my listing that option doesn't exist.  During my research I stumbled upon some video help explaining how to do what you described, but they're using a slightly different UI and that option doesn't seem to exist anymore.  Here are the edit options I have:

- Edit home facts
- Edit home description
- Add/edit photos
- Report problem with home
---
- Release ownership claim

Under report a problem, one of the choices is "incorrect map location".  I've sent numerous notes using this feature over the past several months, but so far no response.  However, I remain optimistic.  :)

Thanks again for responding!

You should still be able to manually change it.   The steps are pretty simple if you've claimed your home.  You'll find the ability to remap it under "edit' on the property details. page.

Profile picture for andyroo31
Anybody at Zillow (or anybody else) have any insight?  One used to be able to manually change location, but now it goes into Zillow.  I keep submitting problem reports about the problem yet nobody ever responds.