Marking listings as sold

I have several listings on Zillow. Any time I try to mark the properties as SOLD, I get an error message that I can't have a sold date the same as the listing date. The listing is ON the site. Has been for months. Why won't it let me mark it as sold??

This is incredibly exasperating.
  • November 12 2009 - Naperville
  • 0

Hi Ice,

I don't have access or the ability to change RealtySoft.com's information as I did not supply them any information to begin with. 

Also, why won't it let me make those changes myself? The error message doesn't make sense if Zillow knows the list date and clearly the close date is beyond that date. Sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing?

Hi Ice,

I don't have any access or ability to change RealtySoft.com's information as I did not supply them with this information.

But, thank you for fixing it on Zillow.

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi Michelle -

Forgot to add that you also need to update the status from RealtySoft.com to avoid these listings from being re-posted.

1
2
3

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi Michelle -

Thank you for the quick response.

I just changed the status of your listings to no longer for sale. Records of sales transactions for these addresses are already in the system so you don't have to enter them.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Ice,

It's several addresses:

4020 Juneberry
2 Ottawa Court
16464 Mueller Circle

I just received a slew of Listing Activity Reports (which, by the way, I have never received in the past). And, for example, in the email report it clearly states that the home was listed in August of 2008. I click on "Edit Listing", select the "Sold" status, input the closing date (March of 2009) and I received this message:

The sale date cannot occur before your home was posted for sale (06/16/2009).

But, the list date was August of 2008 - Zillow's email even states that. Talk about a pain in the rump roast!!

• Ice L.Zillow
Hi Michelle -

Sorry to hear this.

Can you give us the address so we can further investigate?