Profile picture for battybruce

Maronda Homes in Ocala. Attractive value, but good or bad builder? Thank you.

Hi, I am a first time home buyer who is not represented by an agent.  I am currently looking at a Maronda Home which has an attractive price for the house/space.  Due to their bad reviews online (alot), I am afraid and do not know the right steps to go about making a decision about this house.  Should I get an agent and does he/she collect a fee ONCE the deal is in the bag?  thank you for your help.  Bruce.
  • March 24 2009 - Ocala
  • 0

Profile picture for michellejtp
Maronda uses the cheapest products like the a/c is bottom of barrel according to the repair company. Stay away from Marinda if you can.
  • 3 days ago

Just my opinion but I would never buy a Maronda home. We looked at these homes when they where first being built and so many things wrong with them right from the start. I wouldnt even trust the land they are built on as to many having troubles later on with titles,ect. The reason they are priced so cheap is that they are cheaply build. I wont look at any built in a community called 4Ranch either or Marion Oaks. To my belief if and when you resold you wouldnt make your money back even plus anything you need to spend on repairs and/or upgrades. IMHO Good luck.

Bruce
Doing your research online, with the builders association and the BBB is a great place to start. Look up other builders while you are there and do  some comparing.
 Long before I became an agent, when I was looking for a home, I would ask people who currently owned those homes what their opinion was on the quality of the builder. A good builder loves to have people ask the opinion of past clients. A great day for that is on the weekend when people are out working in their yards. They are usually happy to tell you when they are good. They arethrilled with an opportunity to tell you if they were bad.

Realtors get paid at closing. A Realtor who works for you would be best and the fee is paid by the seller or builder is it's not a resale.

Even though homes are less expensive you will be in this home for sometime, best to make an informed decision.

Profile picture for bobbyandmelanie

DO NOT go with this builder. I too was going to purchase a home by Maronda and then I looked them up on google and the BBB. They have so many complaints and their BBB accreditation has been revoked. That right there speaks volumes. Go with Holiday or Deltona, they seem to be on top of their game.

Profile picture for Pum211
A few years ago we looked at some Maronda homes that were new construction (also in Florida). They were the cheapest homes available at that time but in my honest opinion they were cheap for a reason. I didn't get a good feeling from them and could see the difference in their homes vs other builders. Holiday homes were also on the less expensive side but the quality just seemed better - but again that is just my opinion.