Massachusetts Loan for couple with a 605 credit score?

We live in central Mass and are looking to purchase our first house asap. Neither of us knew the effects of credit until it was too late. We both have spent some time and money raising our score to 605ish (on some reports higher) but still under 620. We have run into the problem of most people with low credit, we found THE ONE. The loan is under $140k (well within our price range). What can we do? Do we have realistic options? is this something we should just forget about?
  • September 06 2013 - Leominster
  • 0

I would suggest talking with a lender they can give you a plan of action to get your credit up pretty quickly and then you will get a better rate.  Remember you will have the mortgage for years you want the lowest rate you can get.  Good Luck.

We are a National Bank that will lend down to a 600 fico. Please visit my profile so we can get more information and walk you the process of how to get approved.
Good Luck in your search.
Matthew Rikkola

We are located in Mass. and can do FHA loans down to 580. We do 203b's and 203k's (Streamline and Full). If you haven't found anyone that could help you yet, feel free to contact me.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Keep you nose clean as they say and you will be in a position to purchase before you know it. Prices of home aren't going anywhere (meaning up) anytime soon in my opinion so don't worry too much. If you need help in Central MA finding a home, feel free to reach out to me.

Profile picture for 50 State Lender
I can offer FHA or VA financing with as low as a 530 FICO.  Feel free to contact me through my profile if you wish to discuss further.

We have programs for purchases through FHA that can have a credit score as low as 580. Some lenders are more conservative with their guidelines. We are more agressive.

The three lenders we have talked to say it wont happen with out a 640. We have done the credit repair process with secured credit cards and paying bills on time but its taking very long. The reason I posted this today is to see if there were any other options or recommendations on who to speak to in my area.

I am licensed in MA . We have some options for you . The market is a little nbetter today but is still very volitile so I would contact lenders and lock in asap before rates go up again.

If I can be of any other assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Best Wishes!

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
Call a few local agents & ask about lenders who can assist with raising credit scores. in my experience, there are the lenders who will help and are able to. It could be as simple as paying down a credit card and doing a rapid rescore.