Missing Alpine. Maybe gone, but not forgotten.

I was looking at listings and this one here popped up in Alpine, NJ. It made me think of all the good times and funny posts from Alpine (later 2 Big 2 Fail). I know that there is internet access even at those exclusive beach resorts and on airplanes, so I take the time today to say that those were good times on Zillow before the bubble burst and maybe he will get my good wishes through cyberspace where ever he is :)
  • July 13 2009 - US
  • 0

Alpine was fun!

He had some hilarious postings, and the feeling I got from him were different than some of the truly psycho cheerleaders, like Seattle nutcase...

I got the feeling like deep down inside, he knew his house purchase was screwed, but kept up the blogging anyways...

Profile picture for BMFPitt
My my, hey hey

Profile picture for blue screen exile
I miss Pinks, and MPal, and Carie and Marci, and SAS, and ...

Me too. I never heard where pinks or mpal or many of my other favorite folks went. I think the site lost some of them during the advice format change. I hope they are doing well. I have also not seen Aldreth for a bit now. I always pegged him as working for the federal government somehow. Wasn't he in VA near DC? I bet he was closet CIA ;)

I know things change, but maybe we can throw an online end of the summer or Christmas party and invite the old gang for a visit. Some of the old threads got a little wild, but it was fun to hear all the different points of view and about how people were doing.

Profile picture for blue screen exile
When Zillow messed things up in December, most of them started looking for someplace else to go.  I think there was a thread in Mixed bag about them going to "myspace" or "facebook".  I'm sure one could look it up and find it, and post over there.  Of course SAS left much earlier after harasment that wasn't dealt with properly.

Now, why I'm drawing a blank for some of the other regular names, I don't know.  For example, the data guy for a large moving company???

Or the woman than did the "renderings" of houses and gardens so that one could see how much the street appeal could be improved with a little investment?  She would even pick out trees and flowers that would do well in the selected climate, and would tell you want to ask for at the store.

Profile picture for Lady Chattel
Those mo-fos don't really hang on the Facebook page they set up, not that I do either I guess.   I miss the good ole days and ZAD were some of the best laughs I evah had in here.

I remember here Pasa, can't recall her moniker though.   She was very friendly and used to off on weird tangents but her re-dos of landscaping were much fun. 

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
cant forget GWB ^_)^

Profile picture for blue screen exile
What about the botanist from Central California that was looking to buy, but lost her job and had to take a job in another field, and prettymuch put the home buying on hold?  I really liked her Avatars, especially when Zillow allowed us to have tall ones, that I learned about from Elv!s.

Profile picture for mckylie
Tose ZAD days were fun!  I do miss all the kitty pitures as well!  I spent entirely too much time on Zillow back then but had so much fun!!!!!!

Profile picture for TWB
  • TWB
Yeah, we all ran away to facebook for about ten minutes but that wasn't very much fun.  I still drop by here occasionally to see what's up but there's no real debates anymore.  I always thought Alpine was holding his position just to see how outrageous other folks would get reacting to him.  But then I could never tell if he was kidding or was completely serious.

I liked the support and advice for folks that were trying to sell as the air went out of the balloon and the "education" some folks got who wanted to convince themselves and others that the market was just going through a slight correction.

I hated the format change and still think it's less friendly than it was and there's still a lot of threads that seem to be more spam than real questions, which is why I don't come back that often.

But, like mckylie, I was spending way too much time here anyway.

Profile picture for Mike_oxafloppin
"But, like mckylie, I was spending way too much time here anyway."

ditto.... I miss everybody from time to time  but it's amazing how much I have gotten done since I quit coming to Z regularly.

Profile picture for KD in Texas
Those were the "good old days" before the economy sank & zillow changed the format of their site.

Zillow cured my addiction to this site.  I miss everyone too.  Even Alpine.

Profile picture for pinksandbaby
Hello :o)  I'm still alive and have been very busy fixing up my overpriced 4 walls and and just LIVING w/out selling.  My house is no where near as clean, but it's much bigger and there is less pressure to.  I try to tell myself I have a showing, but it doesn't work lol

I have too much trouble finding the trouble on these boards now.  I haven't been here in a loooong time.  TWB sent me today :o)  I hope you all are doing swell!

So nice to see some of the old peeps check in for a howdy. It make me happy to hear that all is well with you. Zillow's format change may have made them more profitable, but is a bit less honest, spontaneous and rowdy in some ways. Maybe we could plan to get some old Z faces together and throw a raucous Christmas party full of cat pics and NAR insults like back in the old times in the wild west Zillow days. I'll bring red/green cowboy hat, jingle spurs and online eggnog for everyone :) Keep up your happy activities and know that you are thought of often.

Profile picture for mina36

Did someone say...KITTEH??

I just came back about a week ago....I had popped in from time to time and it seemed dead. There seem to have been some spurts of life in the past few days.

Profile picture for Oklahomamom
Hey, everybody. I am just checking in as well. I guess I was missing all the fun we used to have before the big change. Grrrrr.
It's good to see so many of you have checked in recently. Take care everybody!

So glad to see some old faces pop in to say hello. I haven't seen OKmom or kitteh pics for months and months :( The withdrawal was terrible, but I hope that you are both doing well and it is so good to see you again!

I want to hold a party when sunny hits 10,000 answers! 

That's sweet of you. All I can say is that if we use it as an excuse for an online party, I hope that everybody will drop by for a wink, a smile and a post for old times sake. We could hang a sign up sheet for the virtual potluck. I'll bring the the cake :)

Profile picture for Oklahomamom
A reunion party would be fun. I can't believe I've been a member here for over 2 years now. Lost my badge though. :(

Profile picture for aapostrophe

i miss Zillow sometimes!  the facebook group didn't really take off for some reason.

Alpine picked a good time to leave.. perhaps he somewhere waiting to lord it over us when NJ comes roaring back...  in 2016.

Profile picture for aapostrophe
(he's)