Profile picture for FlyingHigh10

Modification denied

My husband and I attempted to modify over a course of several months and in the end we were denied. We never made a late payment and I was to ld we needed to stop payment in order for them to approve. Well, my husband ended up having to go bankrupt to afford the home but we are still struggling. However, our income is too high still yet to qualify. Should we stop making payments or file for a legal separation so he could qualify on his own and I will save my good credit?
  • August 26 2011 - Dixon
  • 0

Hi Flyinghigh,

I have had successful modification and never been told to miss payments in the process. I'm sure I can help you, but; I will not be able to advise you properly without first talking with you and getting a clear understanding of your situation. I'd like to speak with both of you regarding your current filing and advice from your bank.  [contact information deleted by Zillow moderator.  Please refer to Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for shapiroamg
Dont ask here. Seek some legal advise pronto.

Profile picture for pinnaclebiz
[Hotlink, promotional content and phone removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information about posting in Advice.]