Profile picture for nCipher

Mortgage Company Recommendations

I'm sure if it's allowed in this forum to give recommendations to people who are looking for a mortgage company to refinance with. I find companies on Zillow with high reviews, but when I look at the details of the reviews I see many submitters whose date of registering with Zillow is the same as the date of the review recommendation. I have a bank I was highly considering, but now I'm concerned.

I have received GREAT feedback from the experts on this site, and I'm assuming you know who's, who in the business.  

• February 20 - Saint Louis

no worries about "bogus" reviews mate. vast majority of folks don't touch Zillow... and only respond to requests from lender broker to rate their experience, without any further use for the site they simply don't return... i found that most folks would like to rate the experience but were not willing to put up with registration process etc., I was also told about "rejected" reviews for unknown reason... anyway, imo no worries.

Cheers!
richard
  • 3 days ago

You need to pick individual to work with not an institution. Pick someone who is experienced, has good individual reviews that don't appear contrived, someone who participates in the forums, and someone that earns your trust. If you follow that logic you should be fine.
  • 4 days ago

This may be a bit of self-promotion, but I would be happy to help you with your refinance. I have 10 years of experience and excellent interest rates for a variety of loan programs. I am also able to provide hundreds of happy client references. We are local St. Louis broker, please contact me via my profile for more information.
  • 4 days ago

Profile picture for SergioSoberanes
Sergio Soberanes with [self-promotion removed by Zillow moderator] a direct lender with over 19 yrs experience.
[Spam removed by Zillow moderator, see our Good Neighbor Policy]
  • February 21

Profile picture for abrake
I have been a Realtor in the St. Louis area for over 10 years. I have worked with many different banks and loan officers. I used [promotional content removed by Zillow moderator, see our Good Neighbor Policy] for my personal mortgage. Their rates and fees were the lowest and I liked the fact that they can keep service their own loans.

I would speak with a few different lenders and ask for a GFE- Good Faith Estimate. Compare and make an educated decision on which one is the best option for you. Good luck with the search!
  • February 21

Profile picture for CA Direct Lending
Zillow sends requests to customers to review us and we, ourselves, can also send a link to our current or past clients requesting a review.  If the customer was not previously registered with Zillow, it is possible that the register date and review date can be the same day. 
  • February 21

We are certified in VA loans while we also do every loan type out there...with VA underwriters in house with an average turn time of 21 days. If your looking for a refinance or purchase please feel free to call me! Good luck.

• February 21

I think your concern about the registration dates is unfounded. I have recently started using this site simply to increase my online presence. Once a past client of mine receives a "request for review" they need to register w/ Zillow in order to post that review. I would expect that most of my past clients are not Zillow members and as such their registration date and also the review date would be the same. 
  • February 21

I would suggest contacting the lenders that have responded to your questions in a way to make you feel comfortable with their expertise. Certainly, not those that say Call Me, Call Me!  Even if a lender cannot help you because they are not licensed in your state, they may have a colleague that can assist.
  • February 20

If you are looking for a recommendation please check my reviews. Every one is from a legitimate previous client. Additionally, Citizens Charter One Bank offer very competitive rates closing costs, and programs. Then after being provided a preliminary cost estimate specific to your circumstances, check with at least 2 other reputable banks. Whoever offers the best deal and service is who you should go with. Feel free to reach out to me via my profile here. Good Luck!
  • February 20

That is an excellent observation. In the past Lender reviews had to come from a Borrower that registered and used a Zillow Lender or Broker. Many bogus reviews were pointed out and removed because they did exactly what you noticed, gave a review but only on the site for a day or two so it was impossible to close that fast. The rules changed a year or two ago where the Borrower does not have to register and the review can come from someone that used the Lender or Broker in years past w/out going through Zillow.  
  • February 20