Mortgage approval in upstate SC?

I am a first time home buyer in Greenville SC. I have been working to improve my credit scores for about a year now and have scores of 618, 640, 648. I have stable work history and make about $54,000/yr. I have a down payment of 8-10k and I am looking to finance 150,000. I had recently filed an application with quicken loans but was denied due to 2 collection accounts, the first of which is from a prior apartment 4+ years ago that totals 1400$ and the second is a joint account on an apartment that is 3+ years old that is 4000$. Is it going to be possible for me to obtain a mortgage given my collection accounts and credit scores?
  • March 03 2014 - Greenville
  • 0

Profile picture for USMortgageRanger
I have worked with a lot of buyers as yourself and what we do is tackle the collection companies and have them to prove the debt as we are seen a lot of carpet not cleaned when folks as yourself moved out and then they are hit with a $1,500.00 cleaning/ replacement bill. The company i work with is in business for over 15 years and is run by some of the most Ferocious lawyers in the business. Once that is settled we can  work on getting you your home and i would say within the next 90 days. I can be reach via my profile.