Profile picture for djjk1

Mortgage broker to assist international buyers?

I am a non-resident alien, looking to borrow to purchase a property in Seattle or Denver. 

Does anyone know of a mortgage broker that can assist?  I will be purchasing on a tourist visa.  Most banks are not too interested in helping (or in the case of Citibank, will lend but at an unrealistic premium of 4%). I have sufficient home equity and income.

I asked this question earlier but I have not received any brokers details. 

• December 06 2009 - Denver
  • 0

No one mis understood.... 9%... even with 50% down is a good deal for what you are looking for.

dj,
If you do your loan with Federal, please come back to this thread and let us know exactly how it all turned out. Thank you. ... Good luck!

Shap,  don't think there's a person on this planet that wouldn't agree with your statement. ... # : >)

Profile picture for djjk1

Guys perhaps I was unclear sorry.  The 4% was a premium ON TOP of the regular 5% mortgage rate - meaning Citibank will only lend to me at 9%! 

I am still looking for a few non-resident programs.  I have since heard back from Washington Federal.  I think they are able to assist me with a regular rate (and 50% down). 

Profile picture for shapiroamg
4%??!!?!?! where do I sign up.

Rudi. I like 4% rather than 12%.

Profile picture for wrightlynne

4% is really low for a mortgage rate.  Perphaps that is really the only route.  Our rates are in the high 4's to low 5% depending on the type of property.  Denver

The only financing that I know of for you in the States is Private Money.

That would require at least 40% down. Interest rate round 12%. With about 4% origination fee. Not cheap! But, may be doable.

As Andrew said, if Citi will do this for you, it may be your best option. .... Good luck!

The lack of details is your answer..You should jump on citi's unrealistic 4% premium...It may be the only show in town making that a very realistic premium!

As was said on the Home Buying thread of the same topic. This isn't going to be easy to do these days. In the midst of the credit glut, it was doable, but not exactly easy.

Most Brokers today, would probably rather play Tetris, than deal with this file. Your best bet, IMHO, is to borrow funds on your side of the pond. You are going to need to be strong as death, wherever you attempt this. You can search ZMM, for Brokers and Lenders, in the areas mentioned, and survey them for more info. Good luck.