Mortgage for F1 student

I am investigating the possibility of qualifying and obtaining a mortgage for the purchase of a condominium, town home or single family dwelling in the Denver area. I am in my second year of a 5 year Ph.D. program and will continue on for post doctorate work. This entire program will take approximately 8 years to complete. I am a student in good standing and am here from China studying as part of a F1 Visa program. I have $50,000 in liquid assets and have a good credit score (more than 700). I am looking for a property in the $120,000 - $140,000 range that I will share with another student (charging rent) to assist in my operating costs of my home. As a Ph.D. candidate I make $2,200 monthly which will increase when I begin my post doctorate studies.

Is anyone know the feasibility of obtaining a mortgage and detail the steps which will produce the most optimal results for me.

Thank you in advance for your helpful assistance.

• August 02 2012 - Denver
  • 0

Hi there,
I would take a look at these previous advice post for more details. You can also speak with a lender.  You can search for one in our professional directory. 

post 1

post 2

post 3

Candace